We are passionate technologists who believe in the power of software and technology as tools for social change. The people in ThoughtWorks Singapore are as diverse in personality as we are in our backgrounds, culture, and expertise.
People join because they get to talk to the people who wrote the books that influenced them, work with the people who wrote the tools they would like to use, and collaborate on projects that propel change in the real world.
Examples of some of our current/recent projects:
- High-priority national Smart Nation projects with the Singapore Government developed in native/hybrid Android and iOS & other web technologies
- Working with Micro-frontends and Event Driven Architecture with our banking clients (GraphQL, Kafka, Kotlin, ReactJS etc.)
- Replatforming existing systems to a microservices approach and building custom applications, while consulting our clients on their vision and product strategy.
As a Polyglot Developer at ThoughtWorks, you’ll get to:
- Think through hard problems in a consultancy environment, and work with amazing people to make the solutions a reality
- Work in a collaborative, non-hierarchical environment where your talent is valued over your job title or years of experience
- Build custom software using the latest technologies and tools
- Craft your own career path, there is no fixed path that you have to take as we understand everyone has a different set of strengths
- Creating complex, enterprise-transforming applications on diverse, high energy teams
- Hands-on coding, usually in a pair programming environment.
- Working in highly collaborative teams and putting much more focus on building quality code
- Working in varied domains and client environments; we don't just work on selected industries.
Ideally, you should you have:
- Development and delivery experience with Java / Golang / C# / Ruby / Elixir / Python / Node.js or any similar exciting technologies.
- Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications
- Great Object-Oriented skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Familiarity with few databases, like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, NoSQL, etc
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Knowledge and deep experience in following and/or advocating software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment is essential
- Desire to contribute to the wider technical community through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring of other technologists
- Lead developers (8+ years) are expected to be the Architect for relatively smaller enterprise level projects and for larger projects, you are expected to work closely with the fellow architects to come up with the architecture and take it further.
If you relish the idea of being part of a community that extends beyond the work we do for our customers, you may find ThoughtWorks is the right place for you. If you share our passion for technology and want to help change the world with software, please apply online and refer here to know more about our interview process. we want to hear from you!
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you?
That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit ThoughtWorks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Security CSIRT Engineer
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Wellington, New Zealand
Software Engineer Co-op, Customer Service Technology
Postmates, San Francisco
Production Support Engineer
Cardlytics, Cardlytics Headquarters - Atlanta, GA
Staff UI Engineer
Visa, Austin TX, US
Instacart, Toronto, Ontario Canada