As a Lead Developer at ThoughtWorks, you inspire teams to create custom software that delivers real business value, while sharing the craft of software development with clients, delivery teams and the community at large.
You understand and achieve balance between technical innovation and what’s right for the client by understanding the business vision and making appropriate technology choices. While a portion of your time will be devoted to hands-on coding, you often find yourself pairing with developers to support and mentor effective delivery teams.
ThoughtWorks technologists are recognised worldwide for their contribution to state of the art modern software delivery. Through open source projects, blog posts, conference presentations and more, our people consistently lead innovation in the industry.
As a Lead Consultant (developer), you wear several hats where you may:
Design and build software
- Design innovative, evolutionary architectures
Support and lead people
- Build and mentor delivery teams
- Write code alongside your development team
- Facilitate problem solving and work together to make them reality.
- Grow the next generation of technical leaders and make a positive impact on the industry
Inspire quality and collaboration
- Set a technical vision and ensure clients are satisfied
- Advocate agile practices and Continuous Delivery
- Champion Cross-functional Requirements
- Be an ambassador of ThoughtWorks and safeguard our reputation
- Build relationships with business people
Your Skills & Knowledge:
You have hands-on architecture, design, development, and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies. You have lead development on large, custom-built applications and may have worked in both startups and large enterprises in the past.
You know what it takes to build great software--knowing how and when to apply ideas like abstraction, encapsulation, composition and polymorphism across a variety of languages and programming styles.
You know the tools and techniques of Continuous Delivery including relentless automation, small batch releases, infrastructure as code, deployment pipelines and an emphasis on testing at all levels. You advocate rapid feedback cycles and continuous improvement.
You should have several of these attributes:
- Technical depth: understand the hosting requirements for a modern software stack including security, cloud architectures, containers, networks and platforms.
- Communicative: share technical vision at high and low levels to technical and nontechnical stakeholders.
- Focus on quality: demonstrate and teach good coding practices like Refactoring, Test-driven Development, Domain Driven Design.
- Innovative: work in a forward thinking, open source-centric environment.
ThoughtWorks is a global technology and digital transformation consultancy. We are a community of passionate individuals who share a common purpose to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change. We help organisations challenge the status quo and create meaningful, scalable differentiation at speed through technology and design. We love to get better at what we do, at how we think. We love to learn. We love to share.
We are community that nurtures and celebrates talent, irrespective of gender, background and any bias. Diversity is in our DNA and is a core part of our culture. The decisions we make as a business revolve around inclusivity and equality. We are honored to have been awarded as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and are proud to say that 48% of ThoughtWorks Australia identify as women, in an industry where the norm is much lower. Respect, continuous feedback and a non-hierarchical structure are all an important part of our culture. As ThoughtWorkers, we have equal opportunities to grow, share our ideas and even re-invent ourselves.
What’s on Offer
ThoughtWorks offers a community-oriented environment centred around learning, sharing, growing and feedback. All ThoughtWorkers receive an annual professional development allowance to attend conferences, courses, workshops and to purchase books. Our large network of mentors and coaches provide a supportive environment to connect with the ThoughtWorks' community, as well as the opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Other benefits include a generous paid parental leave package, a communications allowance, free and discounted tickets to major industry conferences, and catered Friday lunches as a chance to connect with each other each week.
If you’d like to find your home in tech at ThoughtWorks, please apply.
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit ThoughtWorks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Production/Infrastructure Engineering Intern - Winter 2020
Shopify, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo