Want to work in an inclusive, supportive environment where you can freely voice your ideas and opinions?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organisations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn how to apply the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Our graduates jumpstart their careers with a trip to ThoughtWorks University (TWU): a five-week training program in India or China (virtual at present). When you return home, the Graduate Engagement Lead provides continual on-boarding support to help you settle into ThoughtWorks.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will pair to write clean and iterative code using practices like TDD, SOLID principles, OO design, and pair programming
- You will use continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed
- You will work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences for a variety of clients
- Learn, digest and subsequently apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- Tackle a variety of challenges for clients of all industries, while collaborating with new teammates from diverse backgrounds
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical field
- You have less than 1 year of professional experience working as a developer
- You understand analysis, design, coding and OO concepts
- You’re willing and able to commit to travelling up to 100%* (back home on the weekends) across the UK and Europe to help our clients solve their business problems. * Currently limited travel, based on client arrangements, though we are likely to return to a more steady state of client-site work through 2021
- You thrive in a collaborative and un-hierarchical environment
- You have a passion for learning and a desire to create meaningful solutions for business problems
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
A few important things to know:
Projects are almost exclusively on customer sites, so candidates should be flexible and open to extensive travel. (As above, currently limited travel, based on client arrangements, though we are likely to return to a more steady state of client-site work through 2021)
Please note we are currently recruiting for the first intake of the 2021 programme which will start in January 2021.
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit ThoughtWorks's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Software Engineer - Studio