Are you at your most motivated when you get to break things? Do you thrive when you explore all of the possibilities for tech to fail or succeed?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn to use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Woven between all of the stages of the development process is the work of a Quality Analyst: the technologist who sees building solutions like a kaleidoscope of possibilities for things to break. By collaborating with each team member—Developer, Business Analyst, Designer, etc.—you will ensure quality is thoughtfully examined in both processes and technology. QAs also aspire to be more than testers; they’re team motivators and strive to encourage all teammates to weave quality into their mindsets and code.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will examine end-to-end processes in addition to backend testing, ensuring quality is embedded throughout
- You will provide input for and champion system testability
- You will work alongside teammates from different backgrounds to produce awesome solutions for our clients’ ambitious missions
- You will produce and implement test strategies during the software development process
- Drive the creation of a reliable automated testing suite with strong reporting capabilities that ensures simple, effective analysis of failures for your team to use
- Champion high-functioning teams and enable transitions where necessary
- Extend your passion for quality assurance practices to enabling the client, helping coach a client’s team to adopt a testing mindset
- Advocate QA expertise to the broader tech community outside of ThoughtWorks, speaking at conferences and acting as a mentor for more junior-level QAs
- You get excited to focus on cross-functional requirements such as performance and security when things go wrong
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have prior experience as a Quality Analyst and have spent time collaborating with Dev, Business Analyst, Infrastructure, and Design teams
- You can apply your ‘test’ mindset to exploring and understanding other teammates’ perspectives and can foster a common idea of quality with all project participants
- You have experience with Agile, code management and deployment strategies
- Solid understanding of best practices such as TDD, BDD, CI/CD and the Practical Test Pyramid
- You are comfortable with different types and techniques in functional testing including exploratory, boundary value analysis and equivalence partitioning
- A solid understanding of OOPs and design patterns
- You can zoom out to the big picture and see the wrong thing is being built
- A basic understanding of testing applications from a security perspective in order to deliver secured quality software to our clients
- An understanding of how to leverage metrics in order to make improvement so lead time, deployment frequency, mean time to recovery and change fail rate
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, child care vouchers, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality.
Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
We’re also passionate about delivering quality by ensuring the most valuable use of our talents and experience. We aim to support different working patterns to ensure a diverse collective of people can call ThoughtWorks their home so if you’re looking to work with high profile clients, delivering digital transformation and innovation, get in touch and chat to us about working flexibly!
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit ThoughtWorks's website.
Help the world share their story
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2021 - Seattle, WA
Qualtrics, Seattle, Washington, United States
Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
Gemini, New York NY, Portland OR, Chicago IL, San Francisco CA, S...