Are you a software engineer aspiring to gain experience in Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)?
Are you looking to make a transition into a deep tech job opening that could bring your career to a greater height?
Are you interested in a job position that allows you to acquire skills in Big Data + AI / ML and have the opportunity to apply the knowledge in impactful real-world projects?
ThoughtWorks is hiring developers with a passion to build their career in Big Data via our Data Guild Program.
The ThoughtWorks Data Guild is a new program supported under the IMDA’s TeSA Company-Led Training Program (CLT). The Data Guild is a program for software developers who are passionate about building a specialisation in Big Data. Structured training and hands-on project exposure will be provided to candidates selected for the job.
What you will gain:
- Opportunity to develop capability in Data Engineering/AI/ML
- Be coached and mentored by Big Data experts
- Learn to translate tech to business value through hands-on projects
- Worked on end-to-end software delivery project as a software developer with hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications.
- Comfortable with making calls to APIs, writing basic SQL, and have an understanding of what NoSQL is.
- Exposure to software best practices like Test-Driven Development (TDD), SOLID and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Good Object-Oriented skills, including knowledge of design patterns.
- Knowledge in Software Infrastructure (DevOps).
Preferred (aka. Good-to-haves):
- Working knowledge of Scala - basic understanding of the syntax.
- Reading about infrastructure as code will be beneficial.
- Overview of AWS EMR (Elastic Map Reduce) and Docker.
- Have an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum.
- Subject to relevant selection and qualifying process.
- Diploma, Degree in STEM or relevant background or working experience.
- Open to Singaporeans who are early professionals.
All applicants will go through our Software Developer interview process.
Please note that the next batch to this program will be in Q1/Q2 2021.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you?
That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit ThoughtWorks's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid