ThoughtWorks is looking for a Project Manager to join our team of consultants in Sydney.
If you are a passionate people and engagement leader who enjoys solving difficult problems while managing the details and taking clients on a journey to achieve tangible business outcomes and influence change, keep reading.
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and partner with them to formulate the delivery roadmap and project plans to support business strategies and goals.
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the client executives, project team and gain the confidence of the client's business stakeholders.
- Maintain, and deepen where possible, existing client relationships to yield continuing opportunities for ThoughtWorks.
Execution and Change Leadership:
- Apply Agile Software delivery practices to internal and external teams, and at times educating stakeholders and others involved while managing a project
- Create and Manage release plans and be accountable for iteration planning and tracking
- Manage delivery scope, estimates, risks, and financials throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Navigate teams of any size through all phases of project delivery to ensure successful delivery of exceptional technical solutions.
- Ensure the experience of engaging ThoughtWorks for delivery exceeds client expectations.
- Apply project leadership strategy, principles, and activities that influence positive change for the client and stakeholders.
Team leadership and internal development:
- Capture innovations, lessons learned and successes on projects and share them with the wider organisation.
- Be a mentor and guide for other consultants, provide inspiration and experience to help teams grow.
- Be a contributor to workshops that help develop our internal practice.
Essential Project/Program Management Experience
- Experience leading and planning of Agile software delivery projects including educating stakeholders on the benefits of engaging others in Agile best practices
- Extensive release planning experience within an Agile environment
- People leadership and high emotional intelligence
ThoughtWorks is a global technology and digital transformation consultancy. We are a community of passionate individuals who share a common purpose to revolutionize software design, creation, and delivery while advocating for positive social change. We help organisations challenge the status quo and create meaningful, scalable differentiation at speed through technology and design. We love to get better at what we do, at how we think. We love to learn. We love to share.
We are a community that nurtures and celebrates talent, irrespective of gender, background and any bias. Diversity is in our DNA and is a core part of our culture. The decisions we make as a business revolve around inclusivity and equality. We are honored to have been awarded as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and are proud to say that 48% of ThoughtWorks Australia identify as women, in an industry where the norm is much lower. Respect, continuous feedback and a non-hierarchical structure are all an important part of our culture. As ThoughtWorkers, we have equal opportunities to grow, share our ideas and even re-invent ourselves.
What’s on Offer
ThoughtWorks offers a community-oriented environment centred around learning, sharing, growing, and feedback. All ThoughtWorkers receive an annual professional development allowance to attend conferences, courses, workshops and to purchase books. Our large network of mentors and coaches provide a supportive environment to connect with the ThoughtWorks' community, as well as the opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Other benefits include a generous paid parental leave package, a communications allowance, free and discounted tickets to major industry conferences, and catered Friday lunches as a chance to connect with each other each week.
If you’d like to find your home in tech at ThoughtWorks, please apply. We will be reviewing applications starting in January.
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit ThoughtWorks's website.
Jobs You May Like
QA Lead (Contract)
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
IT DevOps Engineer
CB Insights, CB Insights
Engineering Manager - SearchUX
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Manager - Steering and Suspension Mechatronics
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Full Stack Java Instructor
General Assembly, New York, NY
Qualtrics , Seattle