Do you want to implement future-focused solutions for our clients’ most complex problems?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organisations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
There's no typical day or engagement for our Senior Data Engineers. Here’s what you’ll do:
- Be the SME. Develop modern data architectural approaches to meet key business objectives and provide end to end data solutions
- You might spend a few weeks with a new client on a deep technical review or a complete organizational review, helping them to understand the potential that data brings to solve their most pressing problems.
- On other projects, you might be acting as the architect, leading the design of technical solutions, or perhaps overseeing a program inception to build a new product.
- It could be much more about getting stuck into a delivery project where you're equally happy coding and tech leading the team to implement the solution.
- Whatever your role, the team always look to draw on your experience when things get tough and you often handle the difficult client conversations allowing the team to continue delivering without undue pressure.
- You have great relationships with our new business team and work collaboratively to support pre-sales, meet prospective clients and ultimately influence and shape our portfolio of work.
- You recognize that building your network with a client is absolutely key to enable you to perform in your role. You'll be drawing on all of your passion for technology, hands-on experience and knowledge of latest Big Data and Engineering best practices to help you gain the respect and credibility of those around you.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Deep understanding and application of modern data processing technology stacks. For example Spark, Hadoop ecosystem technologies, and others
- Deep understanding of streaming data architectures and technologies for real-time and low-latency data processing
- Deep understanding of NoSQL technologies including column family, graph, document, and key-value data storage technologies
- Good understanding of building and working with complex distributed systems
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructure toolset (AWS/ Azure etc)
- Understanding of how to architect solutions for data science and analytics such as productionizing machine learning models and collaborating with data scientists
- Understanding of agile development methods including: core values, guiding principles, and key agile practices
- Understanding of the theory and application of Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Passion for software craftsmanship
- A rich breadth of industry experience and background working across different organizations, ranging in size, from start-ups to large corporations..
- Strong stakeholder management and interaction experience at different levels
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.