Senior BA Consultant
ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We are dedicated to the art of perfecting software delivery by keeping it lightweight, fast-moving and open-source. Our clients are people and organisations with ambitious missions - whether in the commercial, social, or government sectors. They trust us to deliver the disruptive thinking and technology that empowers them to succeed. ThoughtWorks aspire to be a better business and strive to have a positive impact in the world. We are a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals. In our 25th year, with over 5000 ThoughtWorkers globally we are currently serving across 14 countries. We are seeking passionate technologists who share our mission. We want hackers, philosophers, activists – courageous people with good hearts and creative approaches to problem-solving.
As a Senior BA you will be expected to:
- Orchestrate the collaboration between Product Owner, Business sponsors, Subject matter experts, Experience designers, Testers, and Development groups by removing roadblocks and fostering communication
- Be instrumental in the analysis, design and building of critical and complex custom-designed, business applications that use a wide range of the very latest technologies
- Work with stakeholders beyond just the delivery team to understand drivers behind the stated requirements, and articulate this analysis clearly to the delivery team
- Create story mapping and story narratives
- Pair with designers on mock ups, user journey mapping
- Conduct story kickoff - discussion with devs and the tech team
- Validate stories in the dev environment with the quality analysts and devs
- Manage the story wall - Both physical and digital (mingle, trello etc.) - Move cards around, make sure they are up to date!
- Evangelise Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development analysis best practices
- Facilitate workshops to elicit requirements and generate ideas and content for solving difficult problems
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
You must bring the below experience:
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with teams to deliver software within a consulting organisation
- Experience prioritising competing demands and obtaining buy-in from stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- A willingness to jump into projects and situations and make sense of ambiguous details in multiple domains
- An understanding of traditional development approaches, and the ability to compare and contrast benefits of each
- Experience in mentoring and executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices
- A genuine passion for quality software - and the know-how to get from sketch to code
Proficiency in both Italian and English language is necessary for this position.
We don't do bureaucracy or hierarchy so you will have complete autonomy. We're a big believer in diversity. We build software for a wide variety of people so we believe that a wide variety of people should build our software. We abhor and reject discrimination and inequality, and promote diversity in all its forms.
We strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve, so as long as you're talented and ready to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you.
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit ThoughtWorks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
metromile, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer
The Trade Desk, Bellevue, WA
Software Engineer - DevOps
C3, Rome, Italy
Senior Research Scientist - Discovery (Computer Vision)
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Systems Engineer, Sensor Fusion Algorithms
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Software Engineer, Payments
Etsy, New York, NY