We are passionate technologists who believe in the power of software and technology as tools for social change. The 1000+ people in ThoughtWorks India are as diverse in personality as we are in our backgrounds, culture, and expertise.
If you’re someone who’s passionate about technology, by joining ThoughtWorks, you become a part of a community. People join because they get to talk to the people who wrote the books that influenced them, work with tools they wish to use, and collaborate on projects that propel change in the real world.
As a Polyglot Developer at ThoughtWorks, you’ll get to:
- Think through hard problems in a consultancy environment, and work with amazing people to make the solutions a reality
- Work in a dynamic, reciprocal, non-hierarchical environment where your talent is valued over your job title or years of experience
- Build custom software using the newest technologies and tools
- Craft your own career path
You'll be responsible for:
- Building a complex, enterprise-transforming applications on diverse, high energy teams
- Using the latest tools and techniques
- Hands-on coding, usually in a pair programming environment.
- Working in highly united teams and crafting quality code
- Working in lots of different domains and client environments
- Understanding the business domain deeply and working closely with business partners
Ideally, you should you have:
- 5 to 9 years of development and delivery experience with Java / C# / Ruby on Rails / Python / Node.js or any similar exciting technologies.
- Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications
- Excellent OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Familiarity with few databases, like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, NoSQL, etc
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Knowledge of software standard methodologies, like Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Good communication and client-facing skills with the ability to working in a consulting environment is important
- Dream to chip into the wider technical community through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring of other technologists
- Senior developers (8+ years) are expected to be the Architect for relatively smaller enterprise level projects and for larger projects, you will be closely working with the fellow architects to come up with the architecture and take it further.
We operate in five cities in India - Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Gurgaon, Pune and Hyderabad. If you relish the idea of being a part of the community that extends beyond the work we do for our customers, you may find ThoughtWorks is the right place for you. If you share our passion for technology and want to help change the world with software, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your CV and tell us why you want to join ThoughtWorks. We will ask you to write code as part of your interview process, so be prepared! Our recruiters will be in touch.
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit ThoughtWorks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Kibana Platform - Area Lead
Hive/Hadoop Engineering Lead
Treasure Data, U.S.
Software Engineering Manager, Craft
UI/UX Designer II, Autotask (Mobile-focus)
Datto, Albany, NY, Remote
Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Upserve, Providence, RI
Software Engineer - Frontend
Kraken Exchange, Remote