Want to build the solid foundations that organizations need to achieve technical excellence?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn to use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
As an Azure Solutions Architect, you will play a key role in transforming current state systems and integration architecture into a pure digital platform of Microservices and APIs (hosted on and using Azure components) to enable new business capabilities, rapid experimentation, and continuous delivery for our largest clients.
You will showcase a thought leader in the architecture of distributed, Azure cloud-based systems, with experience in organizations that operate like startups as well as traditional enterprises. Your consulting efforts will cross the spectrum from driving the creation of technology strategy to advising during execution. You will be working beside clients’ executives as well as software engineers to build digital platforms and solve our clients’ most interesting technology challenges.
As an Azure Solutions Architect representing ThoughtWorks, you will have the opportunity to interface with Solutions and Enterprise Architects at our clients, and will lead discussions on adaptability and efficacy of different xaaS components offered by Azure - tailoring them for the specific needs of the clients. This will also involve conducting demonstrations, workshops, POCs and other interactions with senior technical leaders for converging on modern digital technologies and technical strategy at the client’s organization.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will use your consulting and cloud expertise to advise our clients on their digital journey and adoption of a cloud strategy
- You will guide collaborative, value-driven, high-performing teams to build innovative customer experiences for our clients using Azure offerings
- You will create large-scale, distributed systems out of microservices hosted on Azure cloud ecosystem
- You will apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
- You will keep abreast of any new offerings from Azure to be able to suggest them for use at client organizations
- You will launch projects through hands-on implementation, evaluate and drive improvements to existing infrastructure
- You will listen to a client’s needs and formulate a technical roadmap and impactful solution that will support their ambitious business goals
- Help shape and build ThoughtWorks’ cloud and infrastructure practice through collaboration with business development, marketing, and capabilities development teams
- Ensure and build the controls and processes for continuous delivery of applications, considering all stages of the process and its automations
- Monitor and ensure that technical expectations of deliverables are consistently met on projects
- Act as a thought leader—at client sites and at ThoughtWorks—on DevOps, cloud, and infrastructure engineering
- Establish trusting and thoughtful partnerships with a client’s CIO, CTO, and relevant teams
- Adjust and suggest innovative solutions to current constraints and business policies
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- This is targeting a person who has at least 12+ years of experience (and 5+ years as an architect for cloud-based applications) and a solid grounding as a hands-on application developer during their journey
- Strongly preferred to be Microsoft Certified Solutions Architect - Expert
- Has 5+ years of experience in microservice-based application architecture solutions (both designing and implementing/developing the solution - with multiple production releases)
- Hands-on experience in development of infrastructure engineering code targeting the Azure ecosystem to host applications of different footprints
- Has working knowledge of most commonly used Azure offerings (eg: Microsoft SQL Azure, Azure Key Vault, App Gateway, Azure Blob Storage, Containers, Container Registry, AKS, Traffic Manager, setting up DNS, Virtual Network and other networking components on an Azure ecosystem)
- Has a thorough understanding of Azure Security and Identity management (Azure Active Directory, encryption etc..)
- Can interface with application teams to evolve their application architecture to use Azure xaaS components for maximum efficiency and minimum home-grown code
- Has knowledge of and experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines that make use of the industry-leading tooling around analysis, security and performance aspects of applications and infrastructure
- Has working knowledge of setting up monitoring, logging, and other observability aspects along with dashboards
- Bonus points for prior experience in Cloud Migration projects (moving from on-prem to Azure cloud)
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit ThoughtWorks's website.
Impact everything around you.