Lead Data Engineer / Consultant (m/f/d)
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our expert consultants work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. Collectively, we influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. This is achieved working within a cross functional team using the latest Lean and Agile thinking, to create pragmatic solutions that solve mission-critical problems that offer challenging situations on a daily basis.
We are looking for talented engineers passionate about building large scale data processing systems to help manage the ever-growing information needs of our clients. We will be leaders at bringing cutting edge data, machine learning and AI techniques to the enterprise.
As a Lead Data Engineer / Consultant (m/f/d) at Thoughtworks you can look forward to:
- Collaborating with data scientists when creating impactful insights from complex data
- Acting as an anchor to influence, mentor and advise the team in addition to the data engineer responsibilities with greater stakeholder management responsibilities
- Pair programming with software developers and visualisation experts to deliver high quality custom solutions and powerful user experiences
- Design appropriate techniques for operationalising analytical models
- Design and implement effective data processing architectures
- Consult and advise clients on the usage of different distributed storage and computing technologies
Here's what you'll bring:
- Experience building and deploying testable large scale data processing pipelines in a production environment
- Demonstrable leadership experience in a cross-functional delivery team, comfortable with architectural topics, advisory and stakeholder management expertise
- Hands-on programming experience with either Python or Scala, along with an application development language such as Java
- Advocate for following best engineering practices (TDD, data quality test strategies, CI/CD, infrastructure-as-code)
- Production-level experience working on tools like HDFS, Hive, Spark, etc.
- Exposure to working with technologies like YARN, Mesos, MPP Databases, SQL-on-Hadoop solutions like Impala, Relational and non-Relational Databases
- Passion to contribute to the wider community through coaching and mentoring
- Comfortable with travel, which you could typically be 4 days per week
- Business level English, where German is a nice-to-have
- Thoughtworks offers centrally located office spaces which enables agile and productive collaboration with a startup flair.
- You will receive a public transportation card, a personal development budget, training leave, a company pension scheme as well as an accident and business travel insurance.
- To do a great job, we provide you with a high-end Macbook Pro and libraries in our offices.
- Fruits, snacks and beverages are offered, next to a company lunch and learn session on each Friday. We also enjoy spending time together by playing ping-pong or doing other fun activities in the office.
- Besides our famous Christmas Party, you can join us for a summer party, regular Office get togethers, local office days, AwayDay and other social events.
- We are a global community of technologists and like to share our knowledge - not only within the company. Thoughtworks supports you in writing articles, doing meetups or speaking on conferences - if you like.
"Free to make your mark. Free to be yourself."
You are always welcome here. Inclusivity is in our DNA. Far above any tech skills, we value respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. We have zero tolerance for intolerance.
What are you waiting for?
So, you can see yourself at Thoughtworks? Then tell us who you are and let us know why you want to join by sending us your LinkedIn/XING profile or CV today!
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit ThoughtWorks's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.