Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Product, Lean, Agile and Design thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems, and challenge yourself every day.
Our Product Managers lead the ideation, discovery and delivery of some of the best digital products in the market today. They help orchestrate business strategy, design and technology disciplines to drive solutions for our clients that provide significant business results through delivering highly effective customer engagement. Thoughtworks Product Managers work with some of the most senior-level executives at our clients to drive alignment around the solutions we build, and the value they deliver.
Location: You can work from one of our offices in Bucharest, Iasi or Cluj-Napoca, or remotely from Romania.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will develop a customer/user-focused understanding of the value and develop a solution based on their needs
- You will shape, define, and communicate short and long-term strategies with far reaching impacts
- You will build a shared product vision and roadmap, and execute on it
- You will understand how the product contributes to the clients vision and business strategy, and use data and customer research to inform the value proposition
- You will cultivate meaningful relationships with client stakeholders, bridging technical and business worlds, developing a deep understanding of their strategy, structure and business model
- Track industry trends and the competitive landscape, undertake formative research and data analysis, and generate insights
- Own the product backlog and constantly evolve it based on user research, data, and the latest changes in the market and business
- Ensure ongoing buy-in and support from stakeholders, and bring in external research to validate
- Lead with customer focus and product emphasis to encourage a high performing team
- Serve as a key point of contact to get information for the team, such as goals, problems, and the measure of success
- Support members of the team by removing blockers
- Drive the overall product development lifecycle and continuously deliver undeniable value to our clients
- Contribute to the growth and scale of our evolving business through taking an active part in recruiting, community building, mentorship, identifying and driving best practices and market trends
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You can shape a product vision and translate it into a roadmap with clear business and customer value based measures of success
- You enjoy collaborating with a multidisciplinary team to determine the best product-market fit, technical implementation, as well as a release schedule
- You naturally create an effective collaboration between Thoughtworks and the client teams, by encouraging open communication and advocating for shared outcomes
- You naturally empathise with your product’s users or customers, keeping them in mind throughout all stages of the product lifecycle
- You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into tangible steps that drive product development at speed
- You provide leadership, leveraging your expertise to identify setbacks and roadblocks, and generate solutions for resolving them quickly
- You have a knack for prioritisation, obtaining buy-in from stakeholders, and resolving conflicts as they arise
- You have a track record of delivering successful products into market
- You love facilitating workshops with stakeholders. You’re able to clearly define a value proposition and seamlessly articulate it, generating support and buy-in from all relevant stakeholders
- You’re analytical; you know that your product must provide tangible business value and can gather the right requirements and market data analysis to support your work
- But you’re right-brained, too; you know the power of effective storytelling and can easily synthesise data and insights into clear, impactful messaging
- You’ve been exposed to service design and have user research experience
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both Thoughtworks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality.
Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
We’re also passionate about delivering quality by ensuring the most valuable use of our talents and experience. We aim to support different working patterns to ensure a diverse collective of people can call Thoughtworks their home so if you’re looking to work with high profile clients, delivering digital transformation and innovation, get in touch and chat to us about working flexibly!
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit ThoughtWorks's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.