What will I be doing as a Operations Shift Supervisor?
- Take the lead. You are passionate about mentoring, developing and coaching your team members, and helping them maximize their potential at work. And you know that does not happen by sitting at a desk. You are comfortable working on the floor alongside your direct reports but can also handle disciplinary and employee issues in a professional manner.
- Think smart. Every day will be different, but you will anticipate and adjust personnel and resources to maximize productivity and minimize unplanned overtime.
- Keep the wheels turning. We’re not talking about our conveyor belts. We want you to speak up with ideas (big and small) on how we can improve our operations and keep customers happy.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Each shift has dedicated trainers, but you will also coach team members on best practices and provide performance feedback. In addition, you will collaborate with management, engineers, suppliers, partners and customer service representative on various tasks.
- Better safe than sorry. Our distribution center may not have forklifts, but accidents can happen anywhere. You will be a safety advocate, ensuring that thredUP has a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment, every day.
What kind of applicants are a great fit for thredUP?
- Give me five. You have 5+ years of experience in retail, warehousing, or other team-oriented production environments. More specifically, you have at least 3-5 years of experience as a Production Lead, Supervisor, or leading/coaching teams of 40+ associates.
- One smart cookie. You have an associates degree or relevant work experience.And you have common sense (which is not always common). Familiarity with applying Lean Mfg, Six Sigma or Kaizen principles is a plus.
- Get on your feet. You need to be able to stand or walk for an entire shift (8-10 hours per day) as well as bend down, reach overhead, lift/carry up to 30lbs and push/pull wheeled clothing racks weighing up to 150lbs.
- Habla español? El dominio del idioma español es muy preferido. (Spanish language proficiency is strongly preferred.)
thredUP is the nation's leading online marketplace for women's and kids' like-new apparel. Over 25,000 brands, ranging from Gap to Gucci, are listed on thredUP.com at prices up to 90 percent off retail.
Want to learn more about thredUP? Visit thredUP's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Career Coach (NYC)
App Academy, New York City, New York
Logistics - General Applications UAE
noon.com, Dubai, UAE
Sales Operations Manager
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
Open House Sign Placement Associate (South Bay, CA)
Movoto, South Bay, CA
Flatiron School, New York, NY
Client Success Executive