- Will be an integral player in thredUP’s story and business, and will contribute to its success by creating amazing thredUP’s customer experiences
- Wants to play a key role in a thredUP customer’s life
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable with the ever changing requirements of the #startuplife
- Is ready to learn/grow/flex customer service muscles (the heart is a muscle you know!)
- Can work effectively as part of a team with demonstrated ability to articulate, escalate issues and ideas for improvement.
- Has a “let’s do this NOW” attitude and is not afraid to step up and handle the tough stuff
- Composes professional and heartfelt responses. You may or may not have written an essay for a professor lately, but with your writing skills, you’d get an A+
- Has a pleasant demeanor and telephone voice with the ability to stay calm in difficult situations.
- Is punctual and reliable, ready to seize everyday!
- Is obsessed with the detail
- Isn’t afraid to get to the bottom of the issue so the customer’s future experiences are good ones
- Burst with good energy needed to push through the tough days alongside their team
- Is tech-savvy and able to quickly navigate web/mobile applications to perform the job
- Is a pleasure to be around
- Has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge
- Is ready to deliver quality and bring the WOW all day everyday
- Understands that great customer-service is an art form that takes a genuine passion/love for people
- Casts positive rays of sunshine on a cloudy customer service day
- Has a knack for reading others’ emotions whether it be in person or “reading-through-the-lines” in an email or chat
- Has/previous had a manager go home at the end of the day and say, “I am so happy you are on my team! We couldn’t do it without you!”
- Has earned a Bachelors Degree or has equivalent experience
- Has 1+ years customer service experience, communicating with customers via email or chat
- Knowledge of product lines, pricing, delivery times and methods.
- Knowledge of Zendesk CS software or equivalent, proficient using Google Docs, Gmail, smartphone applications or similar experience
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Conferring with customers via email, live chat, and some phone
- Investigating and/or adjusting any transactional issues regarding bag processing and payouts, merchandise listings, orders and order returns, and other business processes/services
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Contact customers in order to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments.
- maintain and exemplifies our team values when interacting with customers and anyone at thredUP
- Work with other members of the team to meet individual and collective goals for high productivity, low customer dissatisfaction rate, low total ticket resolution time, and appropriate first response time..
- Maintains update knowledge of various marketing/promotional strategies offered our customers
- Perform other on-site duties as assigned
- Identifying ways to improve processes and the customer experience, surfacing problems early to Customer Service Supervisors and being creative in proposing solutions.
- Gives timely and appropriate feedback for continuous improvement of processes.
- Participate in the completion of production goals and special projects.
- Recommend improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures in order to prevent future problems.
- Attending meetings, escalating issues and concerns, appropriate internal communications with peers, staff and departments.
- Interacting in a professional manner with peers and other thredUP team members and management
- Maintaining a cooperative and constructive attitude and spirit, especially during hard days and conversations
- Communicates appropriately regarding work issues, concerns, and when asking questions – individually, or in a group situation.
thredUP is the nation's leading online marketplace for women's and kids' like-new apparel. Over 25,000 brands, ranging from Gap to Gucci, are listed on thredUP.com at prices up to 90 percent off retail.
Want to learn more about thredUP? Visit https://www.thredup.com/
Jobs You May Like
Customer Support Lead
Customer Success Guru (Ireland)
Customer Care Agent Vollzeit / Teilzeit (m/w)
Peloton, New York, NY
Account Manager, Customer Success
Seasonal Sales Ambassador - Fashion Square
Lush Cosmetics, Sherman Oaks, CA