- Will be an integral player in thredUP’s story and business, and will contribute to its success by creating amazing thredUP’s customer experiences
- Wants to play a key role in a thredUP customer’s life
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable with the ever changing requirements of the #startuplife
- Is ready to learn/grow/flex customer service muscles (the heart is a muscle you know!)
- Can work effectively as part of a team with demonstrated ability to articulate, escalate issues and ideas for improvement.
- Has a “let’s do this NOW” attitude and is not afraid to step up and handle the tough stuff
- Composes professional and heartfelt responses. You may or may not have written an essay for a professor lately, but with your writing skills, you’d get an A+
- Has a pleasant demeanor and telephone voice with the ability to stay calm in difficult situations.
- Is punctual and reliable, ready to seize every day!
- Is obsessed with the detail
- Isn’t afraid to get to the bottom of the issue so the customer’s future experiences are good ones
- Burst with good energy needed to push through the tough days alongside their team
- Is tech-savvy and able to quickly navigate web/mobile applications to perform the job
- Is a pleasure to be around
- Has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge
- Is ready to deliver quality and bring the WOW all day every day
- Understands that great customer-service is an art form that takes a genuine passion/love for people
- Casts positive rays of sunshine on a cloudy customer service day
- Has a knack for reading others’ emotions whether it be in person or “reading-through-the-lines” in an email or chat
- Has/previous had a manager go home at the end of the day and say, “I am so happy you are on my team! We couldn’t do it without you!”
- Has earned a Bachelors Degree or has equivalent experience
- Has 1+ years customer service experience, communicating with customers via email or chat
- Knowledge of product lines, pricing, delivery times and methods.
- Knowledge of Zendesk CS software or equivalent, proficient using Google Docs, Gmail, smartphone applications or similar experience
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Conferring with customers via email, live chat, and some phone
- Investigating and/or adjusting any transactional issues regarding bag processing and payouts, merchandise listings, orders and order returns, and other business processes/services
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Contact customers in order to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments.
- maintain and exemplifies our team values when interacting with customers and anyone at thredUP
- Work with other members of the team to meet individual and collective goals for high productivity, low customer dissatisfaction rate, low total ticket resolution time, and appropriate first response time.
- Maintains update knowledge of various marketing/promotional strategies offered our customers
- Perform other on-site duties as assigned
- Identifying ways to improve processes and the customer experience, surfacing problems early to Customer Service Supervisors and being creative in proposing solutions.
- Gives timely and appropriate feedback for continuous improvement of processes.
- Participate in the completion of production goals and special projects.
- Recommend improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures in order to prevent future problems.
- Attending meetings, escalating issues and concerns, appropriate internal communications with peers, staff and departments.
- Interacting in a professional manner with peers and other thredUP team members and management
- Maintaining a cooperative and constructive attitude and spirit, especially during hard days and conversations
- Communicates appropriately regarding work issues, concerns, and when asking questions – individually, or in a group situation.
thredUP is the nation's leading online marketplace for women's and kids' like-new apparel. Over 25,000 brands, ranging from Gap to Gucci, are listed on thredUP.com at prices up to 90 percent off retail.
Want to learn more about thredUP? Visit thredUP's website.
Jobs You May Like
Instacart, Atlanta, Georgia
Store Associate - West Palm Beach
Casper, West Palm Beach
Customer Success Guru
Shopify, Remote in British Columbia
Customer Support Representative
Intercom, San Francisco
Reddit, San Francisco
Customer Success Manager - Growth Accounts
Prezi, San Francisco