Distribution Team Member (2nd Shift - Vernon Hills, IL)
thredUP, Vernon Hills, IL
Makes secondhand shopping a cinch
Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Receive goods, and reconcile against all pertinent supplier information
- Inspect apparel and accept it into inventory based on thredUP’s high standards regarding condition, brand, and sizing. Perform quality control at all key steps.
- Itemize, photograph, hang, pick, and pack apparel and related items. Associates may be flexibly assigned to any or all of these tasks during a single shift.
- Work with other members of the team to meet individual and collective goals for high productivity, low defect rates, short lead times, and scale up.
- Determine ways to continually improve all processes and the customer experience, particularly as our operations grow in scale. i.e., not only operate within Standard Operating Procedures, but also improve them.
- Other on-site duties as assigned.
- Traits we are passionately seeking: high energy, positive attitude, team players, and people who love clothes and believe in making the world a better place by assisting us in consigning and purchasing quality items.
- Must have high attention to detail, punctuality, reliability, and a strong motivation to grow our company.
- Technology: dexterity in using handheld electronic devices (e.g., scanners, cameras, and smart phones), desktop computers, and touch screen systems for data entry.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs, push/pull wheeled clothing racks weighing up to 150 lbs, flexibly shift between multiple workstations, and actively use a smart phone for continuous periods up to 3 hours. I.e., this role requires moderate physical effort such as the ability to stand or walk for long periods of time, bend down, and reach overhead. Position experiences exposure to allergens such as pet dander and hair, perfumes, and colognes.
- 1 year continuous employment
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- Knowledge (and judgment) about the condition, style, and pricing of great clothes.
- Extensive familiarity with iPhones and/or Touch technologies.
- Experience in retail, warehousing, or similar fast-paced environments requiring teamwork.
- Other Details
- The base wage is $11.50/hour, and also includes 1,000 thredUP stock options to share in the ownership & success of thredUP. Pay increases depend on experience, demonstrated capabilities, and work performance. This is a nonexempt position.
- Qualified candidates will be brought on as temporary employees. The temporary assignment will be for a period of up to 60 days.
- Your work schedule will include Saturdays when needed.
thredUP is the nation's leading online marketplace for women's and kids' like-new apparel. Over 25,000 brands, ranging from Gap to Gucci, are listed on thredUP.com at prices up to 90 percent off retail.
Want to learn more about thredUP? Visit https://www.thredup.com/
Jobs You May Like
VP of Operations
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Peloton, Beltsville, MD
Customer Onboarding Manager
Justworks, New York, NY
Senior Global Category Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Engineering Manager - Ambari
Hortonworks, Budapest, Hungary
Peloton, San Francisco Warehouse