- Lead a team of 50+ distribution center team members to meet individual and collective goals for high productivity, low defect rates, short lead times and scale up
- Ensure the Leads and Team Members have proper access to the necessary tools and process updates to perform their assigned duties
- Direct daily activity to ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for team members
- Deliver team member training, provide performance reviews, development, and disciplinary action as appropriate
- Conduct productivity and quality audits and reconcile variances
- Coordinate materials transfers between areas
- Keep equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; escalating technical issues
- Organize and lead focus on improved productivity levels by improving processes and the efficiency of associates' work
- Liaise with thredUP management, technical experts, suppliers, partners, and customer service representatives.
- Identify distribution center system improvements
- Plan, manage, and adjust daily workload and staffing to minimize unplanned overtime
- Ensure shift/daily/weekly workload planning and volume forecasting routines are accomplished (i.e., staffing, equipment, space)
- Anticipate productivity, personnel and resource needs and communicate to appropriate manager
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied, and enforced (i.e., safety, accounting, operational, regulatory, and administrative)
- Maximize quality and productivity by understanding and mastering all job standards for each function, and evaluating performance variances in order to identify root cause, corrective action and training needs
- Ensure inventory integrity by timely and accurate picking, packing, shipping, and bag inventory management
- Participate in the collection of performance measurements per customer, vendor, and/or site requirements
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs., push, pull wheeled clothing racks weighing up to 150 lbs., flexibly to shift between multiple workstations, and climb 5 steps. This role requires moderate physical activity such as the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, bend down, and reach overhead.
- Ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and communication styles
- Attention to detail, positive attitude, punctuality and reliability
- English language proficiency (reading, writing, presentation, and speaking)
- Understanding of Retail Merchandise life-cycle
- 5+ years retail, manufacturing, warehouse or other team oriented production environment or equivalent.
- 3-5 year as production Lead, Supervisor, or equivalent experience
- Education Minimum Qualifications: Associates degree or life experience equivalent
- Experience applying Lean Mfg, SixSigma or Kaizen principles
- *Competitive Compensation Package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Stock Options, 30% Company Discount
thredUP is the nation's leading online marketplace for women's and kids' like-new apparel. Over 25,000 brands, ranging from Gap to Gucci, are listed on thredUP.com at prices up to 90 percent off retail.
Want to learn more about thredUP? Visit thredUP's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Safety Coordinator
Magic Leap, Inc., Seattle, Wa
Retail Strategist / Customer Success
EDITED, New York
Praktikant/ Werkstudent (m/w) - Operational Excellence
Client Services Intern
Formulations Scientist, Biology Focus
Indigo, Boston, MA
Senior Operations Associate