thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
About the Role
At thredUP we've compiled a remarkable dataset, with high quality photographs of and characteristics on tens of millions of unique garments. We are forming a team to use this data to automate what is currently manual labor in our nationwide network of distribution centers. This is an opportunity not only to play a pivotal role in the formation of a new team, but also make a huge impact on operations, the backbone of our business. If you're looking for a fast-paced environment that encourages taking the initiative and cares more about results than hours worked, we would love to hear from you.
- Developing models for classifying and tagging garments
- Understanding our existing data taxonomy and find ways we might improve it
- Helping to build our machine learning platform
- Building the team’s processes and culture
- Must have 3-5 years Industry experience with deep learning
- Experience productionizing machine learning models
- Aptitude to independently learn and work on new technologies
- Strong and effective communication with peers and business users
- Expert knowledge of at least one programming language, ideally Python
thredUP is the nation's leading online marketplace for women's and kids' like-new apparel. Over 25,000 brands, ranging from Gap to Gucci, are listed on thredUP.com at prices up to 90 percent off retail.