In This Role You’ll Get To:
- Build, develop, and empower a team of leaders to execute, innovate, and grow their teams.
- Work smarter, not harder. If you and your team have a solution, big or small, you can make it happen.
- Work with your peers across the DC network to align, influence, and lead - you don’t have to stay in your lane here to be successful, in fact, this role requires you don’t.
- Make data driven decisions and partner with operations analytics teams to improve our insights.
- Have a seat at the table to determine how the business can run most effectively. We also want you to speak UP - we pay you for your ideas.
- Work a 4-day workweek and write your schedule weekly so you can spend time with all teams/shifts.
- Lead autonomously and be yourself - you bring a unique leadership style and expertise to the table.
- Grow and develop with mentorship from top leaders and executives, as well as peers and HR partners.
- Develop a vision for how to build out and scale the DC and make that vision a reality.
- Have fun! We empower you to keep it fun, lighthearted and optimistic while getting great things done.
- Deliver a consistent, high performance experience to our bag suppliers and clothing customers.
- Maximize quality and productivity by understanding and mastering all workstations in order to help your leaders evaluate opportunities to improve ergonomics, efficiency, training, etc. for our Associates.
- Build a safety culture that ensures all team members operate safely at all times.
What We’re Looking For:
- You are a seasoned Operator with 10+ years retail, manufacturing, distribution, or other team-oriented operations environment leadership or equivalent experience.
- A leader who doesn’t want (or need!) an office. You like to be on the floor connecting with your Associates and leaders directly. You don’t mind the loud music or the distractions because you value time with your team in an environment that works for them.
- Your coworkers would describe you as someone who is a “connector” and is passionate about leading and empowering teams.
- A performance driven leader who understands the best way to succeed is by building a deep, high-caliber bench, holding them to high expectations and leading with a human and empathetic touch.
- You understand that feedback is a gift. You receive it with grace & humility. You take on the responsibility to deliver it to others candidly, with empathy and in a timely manner.
- Ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity - you get that the only thing that is constant is change.
- You’re comfortable being the first person to do or figure something out, but humble enough to collaborate with others to get there.
- You are “the calm in the storm”. You understand the importance of setting the tone during challenges and know how to keep your team motivated, inspired, and optimistic.
- You’re curious and passionate about process improvement. You like writing processes and ideas on the back of napkins and ideating with others about how to solve complex problems.
- A skilled communicator who collaborates, influences, acts as a change agent, and knows when and how to bring others along for the ride.
- You’re not just a manager but a mentor and coach to your team. You’re passionate about developing the team and thrilled to see them grow and achieve success in their careers they may never have thought possible.
- Bachelor’s degree or professional experience equivalent
- English language proficiency (reading, writing, presentation, and speaking)
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs., push, pull wheeled clothing racks weighing up to 150 lbs., flexibly to shift between multiple workstations, and climb 5 steps. This role requires moderate physical activity such as the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, bend down, and reach overhead.
What We Offer:
- Experimental 4-day work week with Fridays off
- Competitive salary (we leverage market data) + stock
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible PTO (take the time you need) + 12 company holidays
- Paid Sabbatical after 3 years of full time employment
- Generous paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered
- We live by our Core Values of Transparency, SpeakingUP, Thinking Big, Infinite Learning, Influencing Outcomes & Seeking the Truth
- Voted “50 Most Innovative Companies of 2020”
- RaaS - Finalist in Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards 2021
- 2021 FORTUNE Change the World Finalist
thredUP is the nation's leading online marketplace for women's and kids' like-new apparel. Over 25,000 brands, ranging from Gap to Gucci, are listed on thredUP.com at prices up to 90 percent off retail.
Want to learn more about thredUP? Visit thredUP's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.