Accounting Manager, Compensation & Reporting
Thrillist, New York, NY
Eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers.
Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives. We bring our passion, expertise, and taste to bear on the things that are truly worth your time and money. Life is for living, and that’s why we’re here. Today will be great.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our Finance and Accounting team reporting to the Assistant Controller. The Accounting Manager will work closely with Leadership, Human Resources Editorial and Sales departments to ensure our financial goals are met. This position will be responsible for Financial Reporting, compensation reporting including commissions, staffing tracking to budgets and calculation of capitalized labor.
- Track all staffing changes on a real time basis using Oracle PBCS workforce system
- Maintain and provide detail reporting from Oracle PBCS workforce staffing system
- Prepare quarterly commission calculations
- Participate in the month, quarter and year-end close including:
- Preparation of journal entries in connection with capitalized labor and bonus and commission accruals
- Coordinate and prepare monthly commentary as to variances to budgets
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management reporting packs and board books for board of directors meetings;
- Prepare financial, variance to budget analysis and other key financial data for monthly meeting with department heads
- Assist Sr. Financial Analyst with preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Requires 5+ years accounting experience; CPA preferred
- Private Accounting experience required, media experience strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required with knowledge of NetSuite accounting systems a plus.
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts
- Ability to bring insights and suggestions for process improvement
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and handles pressure well
- Ability to be pro-active and a problem solver
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives.