Supercall.com (a part of Group Nine Media) is seeking an Associate Photo Editor to help build the leading spirits based site in North America. This role reports to the Visual Director and involves collaborating with the edit and art teams to help produce compelling photography for the site.
The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative, hands on visual expert, who thrives in a creative and fast paced environment. This person should be ready for high volume photographic workflows, focused on innovation, mindful of operational costs and able to stay on target in terms of the quality of imagery produced. Must have the ability to work within a creative organization while embracing new experiences and taking direction well. This is an exciting opportunity to help produce a significant amount of original photography from the ground up.
- Assist with creative planning and production for a variety of editorial shoots
- Help maintain photographic style guides
- Oversee scheduling of photo shoots requiring heavy output with an eye towards process improvements
- Ability to act as first assistant on set, as well as stylist when needed
- Research photography for editorial content: stock/existing photography, public domain
- Track project deliverables, deadlines, budgets and supervise communication between teams to ensure process and delivery
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in photography or a related field
- 3 + years photography experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 6 (particularly Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge)
- Comfortable with photo editing and light retouching
- Well versed in copyright law and usage/licensing agreements
- Ability to follow creative direction, adapt to changing priorities and critical deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Excel at collaborative process of creating imagery in a team environment
- Just to make sure you’ve read this far, the name of your first pet
To be considered, please send a resume in .pdf format and include a link to an online photography portfolio.
Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives.
Want to learn more about Thrillist? Visit https://www.thrillist.com/
Jobs You May Like
thredUP, San Francisco, CA
Freelance Branded Editor
BuzzFeed, Sao Paulo
Technical Writer - Contract
Mediamorph, New York
Part-Time Jr. Designer, Boutiques
CB Insights, New York
Senior Software Engineer - Open Connect Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California