Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives. We bring our passion, expertise, and taste to bear on the things that are truly worth your time and money. Life is for living, and that’s why we’re here. Today will be great.
Thrillist is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our Finance and Accounting team reporting to the Director, Accounting. This position will be responsible for monthly close, financial reporting, account analysis and reconciliations.
- Supervise Jr. Accountant responsible for bank reconciliations and daily cash reporting, booking month end journal entries and preparing account analysis
- Participate in the month, quarter and year-end close including:
- Preparation of journal entries
- Preparation of account reconciliations and analysis
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management reporting packs and board books for board of directors meetings
- Prepare monthly commentary as to variances to budgets
- Contribute to monthly review meetings
- Prepare reporting to external investors
- Assist with the preparation of financials, variance to budget analysis and other key financial data for monthly meeting with department heads
- Ensure all accounting processes including general ledger, journal entries, bank reconciliations and revenue recognition are in compliance with GAAP.
- Assist with external audits
- Aid the Sr. Financial Analyst with preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Assist in the implementation of new systems and continuously strive to automate manual processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 7+ years accounting experience; CPA preferred
- Private Accounting experience required; media experience strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required with knowledge of NetSuite and Oracle accounting systems a plus.
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts
- Ability to bring insights and suggestions for process improvement
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and handles pressure well
- Ability to be pro-active and a problem solver
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives.
Want to learn more about Thrillist? Visit https://www.thrillist.com/
Jobs You May Like
APAC Accounts Payable
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Senior Counsel, Corporate
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Luxury Retreats - Financial Administrator (fixed-term contract)
Airbnb, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Senior International Tax Analyst
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Sr. Procurement Manager
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
Junior Group Accountant (m/f)