Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives. We bring our passion, expertise, and taste to bear on the things that are truly worth your time and money. Life is for living, and that’s why we’re here. Today will be great.
TMG is currently seeking a hyper-creative Social Video Preditor (Producer/Editor, not a technologically advanced alien who can't kill Arnold Schwarzenegger) to join our growing video team. In this role, you’ll create compelling short-form, social videos for platforms including Facebook, YouTube, and Thrillist.com. The right candidate wakes up in the middle of the night thinking about soup dumplings, has their next 12 international trips mapped out, has watched every show on Netflix and most on Hulu -- and nurses an unstoppable desire to turn all those things and more into video that excites a huge audience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside staff writers, editors and video team to create incredibly watchable, shareable, and exciting short-form digital video
- Brainstorm fresh ideas constantly, and view the world through the lens of "can this be a fantastic video?"
- Hone those ideas into repeatable franchises that viewers can get excited to come back to over and over
- Work with your manager, writers, and editors to generate ideas, but ultimately own the video creation process from ideation through scripting and editing.
- Creatively source and secure footage from third-party sources (including creative commons and public domain content)
- Master the Thrillist voice and tone, and infuse all videos with the feeling of fun that we stand for
- Immerse yourself in data around the videos you and others -- both on the team and at other publishers -- are making, and use that to guide smart decision-making for future videos
- Provide a better day for literally everyone who watches what we create
- 3-5 years of relevant editing and producing experience at either a network or digital media company
- Be someone who loves solving problems
- Work well in a team as well as on your own
- Be able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Be open to constructive criticism from peers and strive to make best-in-class content
- Deep understanding of the Thrillist brand and lifestyle
- Expert at non-linear editing with expertise in Premiere and Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Familiar with operating DSLR cameras
- Familiar with rights and clearances for obtaining third-party footage
Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives.
Want to learn more about Thrillist? Visit https://www.thrillist.com/
Jobs You May Like
Multicultural Video Producer, Beauty and Style
BuzzFeed, New York
Audience Development, Shows
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Freelance Writer, Denver
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group – Denver
Motion Graphics Animator
Golden State Warriors, Warriors Executive Office
News Video Operations Manager
BuzzFeed, New York
Chief Editor 高级内容运营经理/主编
Airbnb, Beijing, China