Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
Group Nine is looking for a Communications Manager, responsible for the day-to-day B2B public relations efforts for the company's brands. This will include working closely with the different departments to thoughtfully develop PR opportunities, securing trade press with business, tech and advertising-focused outlets on behalf of the brands.
This is a BIG job with a lot of ground to cover. We’re looking for someone who is high-energy, persistent, resourceful, and who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. This individual will report to Group Nine’s Head of Communications and will be based in the company’s Soho office.
- Develop a deep understanding of the brands with a real integration into each culture, despite bi-coastal offices
- Work closely with all teams within the brands to take advantage of press-worthy opportunities
- Secure trade stories surrounding developments within the business
- Oversee trade PR efforts for sales campaigns/events on behalf of the brands
- Pitch company execs for guest commentary opps, business broadcast opps and speaking opps at B2B conferences/events
- Submit brands and talent for relevant awards
- Put together communications materials including press releases, media pitches, branding materials, media lists, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business, tech, trade reporters
- Provide support as needed to Group Nine level efforts
- BS/BA in Communications or a related field
- 5 years of experience in public relations with a proven record of pitching and securing trade/business press
- Well-established relationships with reporters/producers at leading media outlets across tech, business, ad trade, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple brands/projects at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Great attitude with a “roll up your sleeves and get the job done” work ethic
- A deep commitment to building these brands and contributing to the overall strategy of Group Nine Media
*Please note this position may require some travel.
*Cover letter preferred.
Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives.
Want to learn more about Thrillist? Visit https://www.thrillist.com/
Jobs You May Like
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
National Sales Manager
Yelp, Chicago, IL
Manager, Originals Slate Publicity - Junkets/Conventions
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Coordinator, Contract Administration - Business Team
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Technical Support Associate
Eventbrite, Nashville, Tennessee
Operations Associate, Early Stage Markets
Lyft, San Francisco, CA