Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives. We bring our passion, expertise, and taste to bear on the things that are truly worth your time and money. Life is for living, and that’s why we’re here. Today will be great.
Thrillist Media Group (TMG) is hiring a Senior Editor for our branded content team, the CoLab. We’re looking for someone to produce informative, entertaining articles for the web and social media platforms. Someone who can write, inspire great writing in others, and line edit uninspiring writing into greatness. Someone who knows a good idea from a bad one, and knows what it takes to deliver on an idea’s promise.
The job entails the creation of both sponsored editorial pieces and branded pieces that take a deeper dive into client offerings -- from casino amenities to nonprofits started by food companies in the hope of saving the world. Experience with branded content is a plus, but not essential. You just need to be a great editor capable of interacting constructively with a sales team.
- Manage multiple content programs, each with its own tight deadline
- Devise pitches for custom content packages
- Produce sponsored editorial content that rivals pure editorial
- Produce advertorial content that also rivals pure editorial; everyone has a story to tell, and our clients are no different
- Manage Freelancers and Junior Editors to ensure they provide high-quality deliverables
- Work closely with social, video, design, and photo teams to ensure well-rounded, socially viable executions
- Work closely with the sales team in order to meet client expectations in a manner most conducive to great editorial
- Maintain constructive working relationships with members of the Sales team
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have 4 to 6 years writing/editing experience
- Must demonstrate a well-developed understanding of social video; you will not be producing, but you will be helping to develop ideas and ensure thematic and tonal consistency between your campaigns’ written and video elements
- Deep familiarity with Thrillist Media Group’s content, tone, style, and lens
- Experience with multitasking and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort delivering both praise and constructive criticism
- Organized and process-driven thinker
- Positive, collaborative, self-starter with a track record of innovation, problem solving and the ability to work under pressure
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives.
Want to learn more about Thrillist? Visit https://www.thrillist.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Security
Squarespace, New York, NY
Inside Sales Representative
Hardware Development Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Slack, San Francisco
Sales Associate, Dallas
Bonobos, Dallas, TX
Technical Bra Designer
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California