The Recruiter at Group Nine Media serves as a critical business partner and possesses knowledge of the business and deep expertise of external markets. To be great in this role, you'll need to use your creative skills to create fantastic job postings, network with passive candidates, work closely with hiring managers and executives you support, and create robust sourcing strategies that will attract the best and the brightest. It's a fast-paced role, on a fun and cohesive team. The Recruiter handles a high volume of requisitions and manages a full-cycle recruiting process.
The successful Recruiter will:
- Manage a full-cycle selection process including setting the process, if needed, scheduling interviews, providing behavioral interviewing questions, soliciting feedback from interviewers, the hiring manager, as well as the candidate, reference and/or background checks if necessary, and preparing and extending offers
- Establish relationships with client groups to get a full understanding of their business objectives, business challenges and culture and uses that information to attract quality candidates in a highly-competitive market
- Assist the Talent Acquisition Manager with reporting metrics for pipeline, conversions and hires
- Update compensation database on a daily basis
- Partner with hiring managers to write job descriptions and sets recruiting strategies that include assessing internal and external talent, sourcing passive and diverse candidates and managing the flow of employee referrals for designated business unit
- Attract, source and screen candidates using a variety of innovative techniques including social networking and direct sourcing, while staying abreast of developing market conditions and trends in the digital media industry.
- Participate in industry networking events, such as career fairs, Meetups, information sessions, happy hours, etc., to source talent and identify latest trends
- Manage summer intern and/or campus recruitment programs including onboarding, training, events, and offers as needed
- Update and monitor online applicant tracking system; this includes granting users access to Greenhouse, submitting positions/offers for approval, creation and completion of scorecards, sending rejection letters to candidates, and closing positions in a timely manner
- Work closely with and train the Recruiting Coordinator
- Serve as a backup for new hire orientations in the absence of the Recruiting Coordinator
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years’ related work experience in full-cycle recruitment for a digital publishing media company
- Experience recruiting for Sales roles, preferred
- Skilled at building relationships and partnering with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage business partner expectations
- Team player with flexibility to accommodate different personalities and work styles as well as confidence to manage interactions and expectations at all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize as needed while handling multiple time-sensitive projects in a very fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable managing a high volume of requisitions, be a self-starter and work well without constant supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic, initiative, sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to be in a service-oriented environment with enthusiasm and high level of interest in attracting and retaining talent
- Effective writing and oral presentation skills
- Strong project management and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and successfully problem solve
- Willingness to pitch in and always help a team member, no matter what the job entails
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives.
Want to learn more about Thrillist? Visit https://www.thrillist.com/
Jobs You May Like
Technical Sourcer (12 month contract)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Associate Manager, Learning & Development
Time Inc., New York, NY
Pinterest, San Francisco
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Dropbox, Herzliya, Israel