Thrillist is looking for an Executive Producer to lead our video team to remarkable places full of wonder, excitement, and really impressive grilled cheese. Our goal is nothing short of dominating the web video space in all lengths and formats, and on all platforms, and doing so with a determined drive to create a product that's fun, different, engaging, intriguing, smart, and legitimately the best thing you've seen all day.
- Lead, inspire, guide, build, and constantly reshape a growing video team that is already loaded with talent
- Work with that team and our Editorial Director to constantly develop fresh ideas that will be our new hits
- Maximize the manpower we have to create content that can reach the most people in the smartest way possible
- Approve and/or determine how to smartly delegate approval concepts and final cuts of all video products
- Instill a dedication to finding the answers to what our audience loves in any and all data we can leverage
- Obsess over food & drink, travel, and entertainment to the extent that your friends want you to stop talking about them; despite this, never stop talking about them
- Understand the Thrillist brand and tone better than anyone, and ensure the team constantly infuses our video content with them through topic selection, storytelling, amazing visuals, and scriptwriting
- Possess a discerning eye for on-camera talent that fits the brand and will make people fall in love with them
- Run point on hiring for all positions, and be able to actively recruit the top talent available
- Liaise with our sales team on various projects and determine the best way to execute
- Be remarkably flexible. The only thing that's guaranteed to stay the same with web video is that it's going to change
- Work seamlessly with the larger creative team (including written and social) to put together major impactful, cohesive, well-timed content packages
- Minimum 5-7 years leading a digital video team and creating fantastic, wide-reaching content
- Experience directing the creation of, and personally making, short Facebook video, longer-form YouTube series, and everything in between
- Be a people person that a team wants to follow, but also be able to constantly push that team to places they never realized they could be
- A consuming understanding of the ever-shifting video viewing habits of millennial
- Commitment to staying ahead of new platforms and opportunities, and a keen ability to recognize the right time to act on those trends
- Be someone who solves any and all problems, the right way
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives.