Freelance Writer, Detroit
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group, Detroit
Eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers.
Thrillist Media Group is the foremost expert in helping guys everywhere live fun lives. Our business is built on deliberate discovery as guys are actively seeking out the best that life has to offer and trust our recommendations to help them make decisions. We have 3 brands that we use as the foundation of these recommendations across all the areas of men’s lifestyle that matter the most. These properties are: Thrillist.com, Supercompressor.com and JackThreads.com
Thrillist.com is hiring a freelance writer to contribute bar, restaurant, hotel, destination, and event articles for its Detroit edition on an ongoing basis. Thrillist provides an opportunity to create exciting content that both local and visiting readers will find entertaining, share with friends on social media, and use when planning their time in the city. The ideal candidate has an intimate knowledge of the restaurant and bar scene in Detroit, as well as experience as a travel and/or destination guide writer in digital media. An understanding of SEO and social media is critical. This is a chance to work with a winning team in the men’s interest space and help build its future.
All in all, the main requirement is a deep cut food/drink knowledge in the city (there's a difference between knowing food and being a "foodie," and we're looking for the former).
- Create relevant and engaging content based on new and best destinations as assigned and pitched
- Work with Editor to generate ideas for new content topics
- Meet regular submission deadlines
- Provide media (e.g., original photography, sourced images, etc.) to accompany copy
- Must be based in or near Detroit
- 3+ years experience writing, with focus on local food and nightlife content
- Acute knowledge of Detroit’s food, bar, nightlife and summer events scenes
- Strong writing skills
- Strong photography skills w/ a DSLR camera preferred
- Deep personal enthusiasm for the best, newest, and coolest places to eat, drink, and have fun
- Appreciation for the Thrillist brand and voice
- Ability to meet regular deadlines while working independently
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume along with links to relevant writing samples/clips.
Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives.
Want to learn more about Thrillist? Visit https://www.thrillist.com/
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Physical Production - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Food Photographer, Time Inc. Food Studios
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL
Social Video Preditor
Thrillist, New York, NY
Time Inc., New York, NY
Everlane, San Francisco, CA
Manager, Content Acquisition - Anime
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan