Customer Success Manager
Thumbtack, Draper, Utah
We’re building the destination for getting things done
Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Success Team
The Success Team is a fast-evolving team designed to drive results for our Thumbtack Professionals. We are product experts responsible for ensuring Thumbtack Pros are set up to get the right jobs from the right customers through providing insights, coaching, and holding them accountable to goals.
Currently, the Success Team manages the outcomes of Thumbtack’s most successful and engaged professionals and oversees the onboarding experience of the new high potential professionals through a combination of outbound phone, email, text and chat efforts. Additionally, the Success team works closely with the product, category management, and marketing team to design and execute targeted campaigns to new and established professionals at Thumbtack.
About the Role
The Customer Success Manager serves as the primary post-sale point of contact for Thumbtack high-value professionals. Using in-depth knowledge of Thumbtack’s platform combined with a clear understanding of the pro’s goals, the CSM drives and increases adoption and usage of Thumbtack. With their deep product knowledge, the CSM demonstrates product features beyond central functionality to help our pros achieve their business results and maximum value from Thumbtack. CSM’s ensures best practices are adopted and platform functionality is fully utilized for the pro. CSM’s are the trusted advisor and drive outcomes that align with Thumbtack pros’ goals to drive engagement and satisfaction. The CSM may handle escalations and coordinate across functional areas of the company, including Sales, Product, Customer Support and Marketplace Trust & Safety.
- Understand your professional’s strategic goals and challenges and support them to extract the full value of their Thumbtack experience by providing appropriate education, actionable advice, useful content, and clear communication as needed
- Based on pro-health (customer-health) and market indicators, prioritize your outreach efforts to mitigate churn and position for revenue growth
- Build and execute on account & action plans
- Introduce new product features and drive adoption of those features
- Propose expansion opportunities to meet the professional’s growth targets
- Share best practices with professionals and colleagues
- Translate pro feedback into product requirements
- Have strong knowledge of the Thumbtack platform, always staying up-to-date on the latest product updates understanding how this impacts pros in your portfolio
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ yrs proactive, customer-facing/Success management experience preferred
- OR 5+ years of relevant customer-facing/Success management experience required.
- Experience managing a portfolio of accounts and met or exceeded revenue target
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships and deliver a customer-centric solution
- SFDC experience a must.
- Experience with analyzing data, deriving and communicating insights.
- Ability to create basic reports in Google Sheets and basic presentations in Google Slides, along with general Google Suite knowledge
- Readily relates openly and comfortably with a diverse group of people.
- Easily develops and delivers multi-mode communication that conveys a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- You are not afraid of asking hard and challenging questions. You are concerned with having happy professionals, rather you focus on delivering good and measurable outcomes for the professionals in your portfolio
- You are excited about the idea of working collaboratively with the team and other departments to foster relationships and promote success across the organization
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Solving one big problem In 2009, three friends—Marco, Jonathan, and Sander—noticed a problem. Customers needed help connecting to qualified, local professionals. The same professionals needed customers. As a solution to bring the two together, Thumbtack was born. Since then, we’ve helped millions of customers with their projects and generated more than $1 billion in annual revenue for our pros. We’re reshaping local economies. We’re changing lives. And true to the spirit of our customers and pros, we’re getting things done.