Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Analytics Team
Thumbtack’s Analytics team is a tight-knit group charged with empowering Thumbtack to use data to guide decisions. We collaborate with teams across the company on a wide variety of impactful projects; everything from exploring click-level data on user experiences to evaluating the impact of a new business model on company performance. This role is about so much more than creating dashboards - it’s telling the story of our business in a way that inspires action.
About the Role
As a Product Analyst, you’ll be expected to quickly build technical and content expertise while working across a variety of high-impact projects. A Product Analyst typically embeds directly with a product team to help launch a new feature or transform an aspect of our marketplace. At the same time you’ll be expected to contribute to our broader analytics team and company data culture by sharing your learnings, partnering with others and building new capabilities for how we can use data to guide decisions.
- Partner with product, growth, marketing and operations teams to conduct in-depth quantitative analyses that guide strategic decisions
- Make recommendations based on detailed analysis and a deep understanding of our product
- Build and maintain reports, models, and visualizations which provide insight into users experiences and business performance
- Contribute to our team and company data culture through peer collaboration, training, coaching and more
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Economics, Math, Statistics, or Computer Science
- 2+ years of product analytics experience
- Experience working in quantitative or analytical role, preferably in technology or consulting
- Proficiency using SQL to query large data sets
- Sharp business judgement and the ability to see past the noise
- Strong communicator, attentive listener and compelling explainer
- Experience with R or Python
- Experience with d3.js or web development
- Experience in Statistics, Experiment Analysis and Modeling / Machine Learning
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Solving one big problem In 2009, three friends—Marco, Jonathan, and Sander—noticed a problem. Customers needed help connecting to qualified, local professionals. The same professionals needed customers. As a solution to bring the two together, Thumbtack was born. Since then, we’ve helped millions of customers with their projects and generated more than $1 billion in annual revenue for our pros. We’re reshaping local economies. We’re changing lives. And true to the spirit of our customers and pros, we’re getting things done.
Want to learn more about Thumbtack? Visit Thumbtack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Robinhood, Menlo Park, CA
Senior Product Manager, Field Delivery - Pivotal Cloud Foundry Solutions
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, Chicago, Denver, New York
Manager, R&D - Commercialization
Glossier, New York, NY
Calm, San Francisco
Product Design Lead
United Technologies Digital, New York
Senior Back-end Developer (node, firebase)