Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Design Team
We’re a tight-knit and highly-collaborative team of product designers, researchers, and content strategists working closely with engineers and product managers to research, explore, and iterate on well-crafted user experiences that are innovative, engaging, and delightful. We collaborate regularly through design reviews, work sessions, and presentations to inspire and influence the direction of the product and company as a whole.
About the Role
You advocate for the user through human-centered design principles resulting in incredibly intuitive and beautiful experiences. You’ll use your intuition, insights from user research, and quantitative user data to explore and present innovative and pragmatic design solutions. As an instrumental member of the Design team, you will influence all product-related projects, as well as many brand and marketing projects.
- Design human-centric flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and beautiful
- Work closely with fellow designers, product managers and engineers by giving and soliciting feedback in order to continually raise the bar
- Improve the usability of our product by incorporating user research methods to guide the design, development, and refinement of the work
- Create influential design presentations that are supported by well-crafted and strategically sound design decisions
- Conduct user and market research to identify the true needs of our customers and pros
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Experience working as part of an in-house product design team
- Portfolio with mobile and web app projects that highlights your approach to problem solving, as well as the solutions themselves
- Strong UX, interaction, and visual design skills
- Human-centric approach to designing products
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- Fluency in Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision (or other prototyping products)
- Experience designing for a two-sided marketplace
- Strong skills using rich, interactive prototyping tools like Framer
- Conceptual understanding of popular front-end frameworks like Angular and React
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Solving one big problem In 2009, three friends—Marco, Jonathan, and Sander—noticed a problem. Customers needed help connecting to qualified, local professionals. The same professionals needed customers. As a solution to bring the two together, Thumbtack was born. Since then, we’ve helped millions of customers with their projects and generated more than $1 billion in annual revenue for our pros. We’re reshaping local economies. We’re changing lives. And true to the spirit of our customers and pros, we’re getting things done.
Want to learn more about Thumbtack? Visit Thumbtack's website.
Jobs You May Like
UX Researcher - Graduate
Lalamove, Hong Kong
Care Coordinator, Patient
Quartet, New York, NY
Awards Director - Decanter
Time Inc., London
Sr. Product Manager - Programmable Voice Media & SDKs
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Director of Visual Design
DraftKings, Boston, MA
ECU Validation Engineer or Technician
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA