Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives - from house cleaners, to yoga instructors to general contractors, we’re helping small businesses grow and thrive. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Recruiting Team
We’re a team of recruiters, recruiting coordinators, sourcers, and operations specialists who partner with every function of the business to drive the recruiting process at Thumbtack. Our mission is to engage, excite, and hire people who will achieve their career potential and contribute to the company’s success. We do this by identifying the right individuals for the right roles, assessing them rigorously and without bias, and inspiring them to become advocates of our business and values.
About the Role
We're looking for a seasoned Senior Recruiter to help build our San Francisco Product and Design teams. Our ideal candidate has successfully supported a high functioning recruiting team and is eager to take on the challenge of helping us to rapidly grow our company. We have extremely high recruiting standards with a focus on candidate experience at all stages of the recruiting cycle. As one of the first impressions for candidates, you are motivated to set a new standard for recruiting at Thumbtack and mentor those around you to match your performance. Most importantly, you will play a key role in partnering across the business on the best hiring, interviewing, and closing strategies.
- Partner effectively with Thumbtack’s product leaders to develop strategies, make critical decisions, and drive creative approaches for recruiting top talent across the product org.
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior leadership providing insights and recommendations on all things interviewing and recruiting.
- Utilize existing tools to source and discover creative ways to engage candidates.
- Work closely with interview teams to create and exceptional candidate interview process and experience.
- 6+ years of technical or non-technical recruiting in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Proven experience and knowledge of sourcing and attracting top tier passive talent
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional ability to manage internal client relationships, leveraging strong consultative skills and an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to function autonomously as well as in a team environment.
- High sense of urgency
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- Experience working in a data-driven recruiting environment with the ability to track and understand key metrics (conversion rates, etc).
- Proficiency with Greenhouse ATS
- Experience at a growth-stage tech company
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- Learn more about our culture, benefits, and perks
- Learn more about engineering at Thumbtack
- Follow Thumbtack on LinkedIn
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Solving one big problem In 2009, three friends—Marco, Jonathan, and Sander—noticed a problem. Customers needed help connecting to qualified, local professionals. The same professionals needed customers. As a solution to bring the two together, Thumbtack was born. Since then, we’ve helped millions of customers with their projects and generated more than $1 billion in annual revenue for our pros. We’re reshaping local economies. We’re changing lives. And true to the spirit of our customers and pros, we’re getting things done.
Want to learn more about Thumbtack? Visit Thumbtack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
General Assembly, San Francisco
Executive Assistant, President of Field Operations
MuleSoft, San Francisco
High School Spanish Teacher
Alpha Public Schools, Alpha Public Schools
Special Education Assistant (Immediate Start)
Summit Public Schools, Redwood City, CA
Yelp, San Francisco, CA