Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Proactive Team
The Trust & Safety Proactive team leverages technical, design, and operational solutions to promote trust on the Thumbtack platform. We are developing cutting-edge strategies to mitigate risks to our users both online and in the real world. Thumbtack’s success is dependent on gaining and maintaining the trust of the customers and pros that use the platform.
About the Role
As a Risk Analyst, you will proactively identify and analyze threat, bad actor, and fraud trends on Thumbtack, and provide risk mitigation recommendations to the broader Marketplace Trust and Safety Team. You will also create and automate the processes that protect our marketplace and you’ll contribute to our greater team data culture by sharing your learnings, partnering with others, and building new capabilities to empower data-driven decisions. You will be obsessed with trying to prevent negative experiences before they happen, and when they do happen, learn from them to improve in the future. This will require creativity, collaboration, and a lot of drive. You’ll be expected to quickly build technical and content expertise about our platform, as well as the touch-points through which the operations teams interact with our pros and customers.
- Perform complex data analysis to derive insights from our platform.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Customer Service, Engineering, Operations, and Product teams to increase automation, update policies, fix product loopholes and provide a better online experience for our users.
- Enhance our operational workflows via process improvements and identify automation opportunities.
- Effectively work with a small team of peers focused on mutual support to complete projects.
- Quickly and appropriately respond to escalated situations to mitigate any negative impact to Thumbtack users.
- Self prioritize activities and tasks based on importance to drive completion of department goals
- Contribute to our team and company culture through peer collaboration, training, coaching and personal development.
- 1+ years complex SQL experience
- Experience With Excel and/or Google Sheets knowledge
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Economics, Statistics, Math, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent decision making skills with the ability to process large amounts of data to determine the best possible solution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and report back
- The ability to break down a concept to it’s core and think critically about solutions
- Creative - Think outside the box for creative and innovative solutions.
- #GO - Internally driven and motivated individual willing to push themselves to complete organization goals
- Ability and openness to receiving and acting on constructive feedback
- Passion for your own learning journey and for inspiring others similarly
- Previous Trust and Safety or Customer Service Experience
- Strong operational experience. Able to create a complex process and teach others how to run it.
- Good presentation design and delivery skills
- Salesforce Experience
- Double bonus for Salesforce development experience
- Project Management Experience
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Solving one big problem In 2009, three friends—Marco, Jonathan, and Sander—noticed a problem. Customers needed help connecting to qualified, local professionals. The same professionals needed customers. As a solution to bring the two together, Thumbtack was born. Since then, we’ve helped millions of customers with their projects and generated more than $1 billion in annual revenue for our pros. We’re reshaping local economies. We’re changing lives. And true to the spirit of our customers and pros, we’re getting things done.
Want to learn more about Thumbtack? Visit Thumbtack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager - Product Design, Global eCommerce
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX
Senior DevOps Engineer
Cherwell Software, Denver, CO
Strategic Business Analyst
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Bulk Handling Systems, National Recovery Technologies
Technical Analyst - Publisher Solutions
Vistar Media, New York, NY
Sr. Software Engineer