Senior Firmware Engineer, Devices
Tile, San Mateo, CA
Tile is a tiny Bluetooth tracker and easy-to-use app that helps you find everyday items
Senior Firmware Engineer, Devices
Tile has built the world’s largest device location network with over 10MM devices sold. We save time and reduce stress for our users by quickly locating their misplaced personal items. We are constantly innovating, building more powerful devices and adding new features and services to make people’s lives better. With our business doubling every year, we seek more talented and self-motivated engineers that love to build simply elegant products. As an embedded firmware engineer, you’ll deliver high quality C code that quickly reconnects people to the things they care about most.
● Specify, design, and implement embedded C code for wireless, battery-based consumer devices.
● Create clever solutions that meet constraints of small memory, low latency, and extreme power savings.
● Develop firmware validation test benches to verify functionality, RF performance, and compliance.
● Collaborate with mobile, network, and data engineers to define and deliver new location services.
● Contribute to HW system architecture and participate in key silicon selection for new devices.
● Work with manufacturing engineers to define and tune Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) in production.
● Highly proficient and prolific with C language programming, HW debugging, and system testing.
● Self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented producer that requires minimal supervision.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excels working within and across functional teams.
● Experience with wireless (e.g., WiFi, BLE, Cellular) and USB, I2C, SPI, UART, and sensors.
● Ability to read HW data sheets and how to specify and evaluate key silicon features.
● Familiar with power management schemes for low power primary and rechargeable cell designs.
● Experience writing manufacturing test plans and software for high volume electronics products.
● Has delivered firmware for at least two products successfully launched into mass production.
● Experience using HW lab tools, e.g., oscilloscope, logic analyser, RF packet sniffer, etc.
● Own equity in the company - every employee is a stakeholder in our future
● Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
● Daily breakfast and lunch along with company-wide events and outings
● On-site gym access
● Free parking
● Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
Tile is giving everything the power of smart location. Our devices, network and mobile app work together to help people locate their things. Tile's global community spans 230 countries and territories and helps people locate more than 2 million unique items every day. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California with a second office in Portland, Oregon. Investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital and Khosla Ventures.
Tile is the result of one man’s quest to help his wife find the (many, many) things she lost. As it turns out, she wasn’t alone. Now 5 years and 10 million Tiles later, Tile is creating a world where everyone can find everything that matters. When you’ve lost something, getting it back safe and sound can feel impossible. But thanks to Tile, there’s a community of people out there helping that thing you love find its way back home.
We believe that loss should be a thing of the past, and that lending a helping hand should be effortless. We’re not here to simply connect people to things. We’re here to connect people to people, because things don’t change the world. People do.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.