Lead Electrical Hardware Engineer
Tile, San Mateo, CA
Tile is a tiny Bluetooth tracker and easy-to-use app that helps you find everyday items
- Oversee Electrical Engineering at Tile, collaborating with Mechanical and Firmware teams and ODM/JDM partners.
- Mentor junior members of the Tile Electrical Engineering team.
- Own the specification and evaluation of key functional electrical components (BLE SoCs, sensors, RF communication modules, audio codecs)
- Define and create IoT devices from hardware concept study to hardware architecture, schematic design, PCB layout, SI simulation, initial board bring-up and test including driver bring up.
- Own the electrical device certification effort for all products (FCC, CE, UL, CSA)
- Document hardware design specifications and board level test/validation strategy.
- Assist on system integration debug (including software, firmware and hardware).
- Work with service owners to experiment with application performance for various hardware choices.
- Work with Mechanical Engineers to integrate electrical designs into custom enclosures.
- Assist with supplier selection and product development support at manufacturing partners in low cost regions (requires periodic travel to China, Taiwan, Malaysia and Mexico).
- Academic background in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Deep understanding of software, firmware and hardware interaction.
- Familiarity with networking, Bluetooth (BLE) and low-bandwidth LTE.
- Demonstrated experience designing and shipping high volume, IoT type consumer electronics products.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to apply critical thinking.
- Working knowledge of EM/circuit simulation tools like Ansoft HFSS, CST Studio Suite, Agilent Momentum, or similar computational electromagnetic simulation tools.
- Knowledge of all RF/Microwave components commonly used in RF subsystems including amplifiers, mixers, limiters, attenuators, filters, switches, couplers, VCOs, etc.
- Hands-on experience with microwave test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, signal generators, power meters.
- Hands-on experience with RF circuits and topologies used in RF Filters, RF switches, phase shifters, antennas, RF power amplifiers, and other RF front-end technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with ECAD development tools.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive with a strong customer orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for emerging technologies, mobile applications and the Internet of Things Industry.
- Understanding of custom audio circuits and acoustic enclosures
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping methods
- Familiarity with Arena PLM
- Experience with ECAD to MCAD interchange through IDF interface
- Own equity in the company - every employee is a stakeholder in our future
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
- Daily breakfast and lunch along with company-wide events and outings
- Flexible work program
- LinkedIn Learning and other learning opportunities
- Free parking
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
Tile has invented a simple and sleek location tracking app that can be used to track any item users don’t want to misplace. Users can place small, affordable Tiles on wallets, purses, computers, luggage, etc., allowing them to communicate within the world’s largest lost and found network. Tile is the first mass-market Internet of Things device and community, and has created a user-driven network of access points that work together to help locate missing belongings, but that have a potential impact that is far, far greater, spanning transportation, healthcare, energy, and the connected home.