We’re looking for open-minded individuals who want to expand the ways technology can help people. We work fast, collaborate, and celebrate as a team. We’re united by a commitment to shaping Tile’s culture around the needs of our colleagues and customers, and by our desire to build a diverse and welcoming workplace.
About the Role
Our Mobile team is growing to keep up with demand for our products and new partnerships. The team is looking for an Android Software Engineer to drive the evolution of our 4+ star Tile Android app. You’ll work closely with UX, product management, and other teams to conceive, design, and create unique mobile capabilities. You are passionate about building high quality apps and are driven to innovate. Come join the team of mobile engineers who are creating awesome apps to help people locate their belongings.
*Candidate must be located in LATAM, US (Remote) or Vancouver, B.C.
- Innovate, implement and release our Android application supporting millions of users
- Collaborate with members of our mobile and engineering teams to create new features and improve existing functionality
- Become an expert on Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for Android (if you are already a BLE expert, even better!)
- Design and update the Tile app unit tests for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX Designers, Backend and Firmware developers to create an exceptional mobile application
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 2+ years of Android development experience, 3+ years as a developer
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Understanding of the mobile development and release process
- Programming experience in Java and Kotlin
- One or more deployed consumer Android applications
- Familiar with using REST APIs
- Experience working BLE is a big plus, desire to learn is a must
- Implement app metrics for analysis and product improvements is a plus
- Experience working with a mix of embedded, mobile and server tech is a big plus
- Own equity in the company - every employee is a stakeholder in our future
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
- Flexible work program
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
We solve real problems with technology to make people’s daily lives better.
At Tile, we recognize that daily life is challenging. We lead busy lives filled with family, friends, jobs, pets, and other things we love. Balancing this can be demanding, unpredictable and stressful.
We use technology to solve real everyday problems that keep each day running smoothly. People rely on Tile to be a seamless part of their lives whether they are at home or out in the world.
By helping to make daily lives easier, we free people to find their best lives — whatever that means to them. Tile is for everyone, on every platform, everywhere in the world. Tile for life.
Tile is best known today for its market-leading Bluetooth finders with over 35 million units sold and ~5M items located daily. That said, Tile has recently expanded the devices that are findable by its platform by embedding its software into third-party products.
Over 30 billion Bluetooth devices are shipping over the next 5 years and each of these can be Tile-enabled with a software update. Partnerships have been announced with HP for laptops, leading audio headset OEMs like Bose and SkullCandy, and several others. Tile also has a large portfolio of unannounced OEM partnerships with top brands in many other large verticals (e.g. wearables, bikes, etc.) and is integrating its technology on the Bluetooth chips to make the Tile enablement more seamless for these partners (e.g. Tile has a partnership with Intel for PCs).
In addition to the OEM and chip partnerships, Tile is scaling its finding network by entering into access point partnerships with companies like Google, Amazon, and Comcast (all announced and ongoing).
From a business model perspective, Tile is shifting the relationship with its customers from a transactional device sale to offering a long-term, high-value service. Tile introduced its premium service two years ago and has ~400K subscribers today with a specific focus on growing annual recurring revenue.
We are guided by our company values, which are Start with Trust, Bring It, Build What Matters, Better Together, and Power What’s Next. Recently accredited as a Great Place to Work, we are a high-performing team and our leaders consider themselves to be performance coaches with a primary responsibility of accelerating Tile’s success and that of their teammates. We know that the more our consumers win, the more we win, and we love working with like-minded teammates to do just that.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.