Director, Firmware Engineering
Tile, San Mateo, CA
Tile is a tiny Bluetooth tracker and easy-to-use app that helps you find everyday items
- Build and lead a world-class team of firmware engineers to design, implement, test, and deploy software for embedded devices and systems.
- Work closely with product management, marketing, hardware engineering, software engineering and data science teams.
- Plan, manage and optimize end-to-end delivery lifecycle for firmware releases from evaluating, prototyping, design, development, maintenance and end of life.
- Provide technical vision and leadership, assign detailed design and implementation tasks, conduct architecture reviews, and report progress and issues across the engineering organization.
- Recruit, coach and lead firmware engineers, help them grow their skills and build high quality consumer grade products.
- Represent the company in industry standards organizations in support of our business goals.
- 10 years industry experience designing consumer electronics products with emphasis on battery powered radio frequency communication devices using industry standard protocols such as BlueTooth, WiFi, ZigBee, etc.
- 5 years in a leadership role managing firmware engineers.
- Managed multiple product launches with end to end responsibility for chip selection, system performance analysis, protocol design, security and authentication, and battery power conservation and management.
- Excellent understanding of reliable OTA firmware update methods, ranging and proximity using RF signals, and other real-time sensory input handling.
- Proven working experience developing and shipping high volume consumer products on tight schedules.
- Hands-on development and troubleshooting experience on embedded systems with a preemptive, multitasking RTOS.
- Able to guide and challenge programmers to deliver maintainable, well documented code in C/C++.
- Can establish rules for excellent practices in software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and reviews.
- Deep knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems.
- Working ability to read schematics and component data sheets. Strong documentation and writing skills in English.
- Own equity in the company--every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do.
- Daily breakfast and lunch along with company-wide events and outings.
- Shuttle service from SF, Easy Bay, and South Bay.
- Free parking.
- On-site gym access.
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction.
Tile has invented a simple and sleek location tracking app that can be used to track any item users don’t want to misplace. Users can place small, affordable Tiles on wallets, purses, computers, luggage, etc., allowing them to communicate within the world’s largest lost and found network. Tile is the first mass-market Internet of Things device and community, and has created a user-driven network of access points that work together to help locate missing belongings, but that have a potential impact that is far, far greater, spanning transportation, healthcare, energy, and the connected home.
Want to learn more about Tile? Visit https://www.thetileapp.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Engineer, Back End - Operations Technology
thredUP, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer- Performance
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Mobile Software Engineer - iOS
Eventbrite, Nashville, Tennessee
Software Engineer - Frontend (University Grad)
Squarespace, New York, NY
Senior NPI Manufacturing Engineer - SMT
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Senior Full Stack Developer
CB Insights, New York