Senior Full Stack Engineer
Tile, San Mateo, CA
Tile is a tiny Bluetooth tracker and easy-to-use app that helps you find everyday items
What you'll be doing
- As part of the web dev team, work on features across Tile’s entire web presence including website, hybrid app, web app, to support core experiences from e-commerce to Tile Smart Location Platform.
- Collaborate with product, design, marketing, and customer care teams to improve web flows such as shopping, reTile, and account through new features, A/B tests, and explorations.
- Work with modern technologies such as SPAs and containerization and introduce new technologies to continually improve Tile’s web presence.
- Contribute to a wide variety of areas from styling to API integrations to continuous delivery.
- Take ownership for entire stack including development, testing, deployment, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of all Tile web-based systems.
- 5 - 10+ years industry experience in Full Stack Web Engineering role
- Academic background in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong programming and CS fundamentals and principles: DRY, happy path, separation of concerns, OO, functional paradigms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Full-stack experience including deployment of own services or apps from the ground up.
- Knowledge of React, Redux, Node.js, SASS, ES6-7, Bootstrap, BEM, Webpack, HMR, SSR, Isomorphic, Yarn, Docker.
- Understanding of web technologies: JS, HTML, CSS, HTTP, DNS, REST, SQL.
- Comfortable with dev tools and processes: Git, PRs, Kanban, issue tracking, code review.
- Understanding of cloud and application infrastructure: security, routing, load balancers, auto-scaling, HA, deployment patterns, infrastructure as code.
- Comfortable in Linux environment: Bash, SSH, networking, services, packaging, permissions, configuration.
- Familiarity with key web performance concepts such critical rendering path, caching, CDNs, speed index, profiling.
- Familiarity with monitoring and analytics tools: log management, alerting, Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with AWS (ECS, ALB, RDS, Cloudformation, etc.), Ansible (playbooks, vault, roles, etc.), Jenkins (Pipelines, etc.), or Selenium (Ruby, rspec, etc.) is a plus.
- Familiarity with PHP and Java and commonly used frameworks are a plus.
- Contributions to open source software are a plus.
- Passion for emerging technologies, mobile applications and the Internet of Things Industry.
- Own equity in the company. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Work with a great team of people who love what they do.
- Team lunches and company-wide events and outings
- On-site gym access
- Free Parking
- Comprehensive health insurance; dental, vision, 401K, and pre-tax commuter deduction.
Tile has invented a simple and sleek location tracking app that can be used to track any item users don’t want to misplace. Users can place small, affordable Tiles on wallets, purses, computers, luggage, etc., allowing them to communicate within the world’s largest lost and found network. Tile is the first mass-market Internet of Things device and community, and has created a user-driven network of access points that work together to help locate missing belongings, but that have a potential impact that is far, far greater, spanning transportation, healthcare, energy, and the connected home.
Want to learn more about Tile? Visit https://www.thetileapp.com/
Jobs You May Like
Engine Programmer Intern
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Character Technical Artist Intern
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Engineering Manager, Video Player Team
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Software Test Architect
Pinterest, San Francisco
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Senior Software Engineer, Rails
Harry’s, New York, NY