Product Data Analyst / Sr. Product Data Analyst
Tile, San Mateo, CA
Tile is a tiny Bluetooth tracker and easy-to-use app that helps you find everyday items
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our products.
- Work with product and other cross functional teams to solve problems by identifying trends and opportunities.
- Communicate data based insights and recommendations to influence Tile’s day-to-day product decision making and strategic direction.
- Define metrics and identify levers to help move the metrics.
- Design experiments in order to drive product/feature recommendations; monitor key metrics and understand the root cause of changes in the metrics.
- Author data pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework.
- Own end-to-end data infrastructure and analysis, including but not limited to data collection, data processing, data analysis, and data visualization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (E.g. statistics, data science, operations research, industrial engineering, econometrics, computer science, applied mathematics) or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience in an analytical role.
- You have rockstar SQL skills.
- You have good python programming skills.
- Experience doing quantitative analysis; Knowledgeable about statistics and design of experiments.
- Experience in extracting and manipulating large datasets; managing ETL best practices and processes.
- Communicating the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner.
- Proven work experience with cross-functional teams.
- You are knowledgeable about data visualization tools, like Tableau.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline.
- 6+ years of experience in an analytical role.
- Prior product or cross functional experience in a tech company is a big plus.
- Prior experience with distributed computing environments like Hive and Spark.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
Our Tech Stack
- Hive, Presto, and Postgres
- Spark, AWS, Airflow, GitHub
- Tableau and Mode Analytics
- Optimizely and Google Analytics
- Own equity in the company--every employee is a stakeholder in our future
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
- Daily breakfast and lunch along with company-wide events and outings
- On-site gym access
- Free parking
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
Tile has invented a simple and sleek location tracking app that can be used to track any item users don’t want to misplace. Users can place small, affordable Tiles on wallets, purses, computers, luggage, etc., allowing them to communicate within the world’s largest lost and found network. Tile is the first mass-market Internet of Things device and community, and has created a user-driven network of access points that work together to help locate missing belongings, but that have a potential impact that is far, far greater, spanning transportation, healthcare, energy, and the connected home.