Tile, San Mateo, CA
Tile is a tiny Bluetooth tracker and easy-to-use app that helps you find everyday items
- Directly oversee and manage all manufacturing/operations functions, including supplier quality, supply/commodity management, demand planning and global logistics.
- Establish strategic direction and set goals for the operations of the company, including rapid scaling and growth management, cost, quality, delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Partner effectively with finance, marketing, sales, product and engineering to ensure the successful execution of the company’s strategic vision and direction.
- Lead strategy for component sourcing and manufacturing services across the company, including negotiating pricing, terms, and contracts with key suppliers, ensuring the lowest total cost of ownership through the use of effective cost modeling techniques.
- Develop and maintain executive level relationships with the supply base.
- Negotiate, implement and manage optimal shipping routes (air/sea) ensuring lowest cost of transportation and optimizing the inventory pipeline.
- Establish and manage the company’s global distribution facilities while ensuring the lowest cost fulfillment processes.
- Manage B2C and B2B customer requirements, ensuring on-time delivery and mitigating chargebacks and deductions.
- Work with Sales to ensure on-time customer deliveries and manage product allocations.
- Direct ownership of the RMA, recycling and refurbishment processes.
- Work closely with product and manufacturing partners, drive a culture of DFX throughout all stages of product development and manufacturing processes.
- With operations and engineering support, maintain and improve manufacturing processes, cycle time reductions and yield improvements.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap. Monitor and analyze scrap and rework data. Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Manage the effort to establish and maintain compliance with both domestic and international standards required to ship the Company’s product into and out of target markets.
- Work with the CEO and Executive team on cross-functional issues with regard to scaling the company in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Recruit, hire, and manage exceptional additions to the Operations team.
- BS/MS engineering, business, operations, supply chain management or equivalent.
- 15+ years of combined operations experience in large and small companies, supporting the launch of consumer electronics from prototype to rapid scaling in a strongly seasonal high volume operations environment.
- Demonstrated success in a high growth environment managing business and technical teams.
- Able to lead teams and thrive in a complex, multi-cultural/international, multidisciplinary team setting. Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive, efficient and motivated team spirit.
- Able to tackle and solve challenging operational problems that require resourcefulness, creative thinking, and collaboration, often with incomplete information.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills. Asks for and offers help when needed; a committed team player.
- Direct hands-on experience architecting, rapidly scaling and managing international end-to-end supply chains and NPI, including vendor selection/qualification, volume ramps, and negotiation and management of JDM, ODM and EMS contracts. Understands the international landscape in producing products that are sold all over the world.
- Outstanding analytical skills and judgment. Can gather information, develop models, weigh relevant factors and make decisions based on data, trends, and past experience.
- Strong Problem Solver. Demonstrates creativity, innovation and design thinking in developing plans and generating solutions to meet strategic and tactical challenges. Big-picture thinker with an eye for details that contribute to operational success.
- Quality in performance: demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality processes, and performance in self and others; applies feedback to improve performance; adheres to company and departmental policies, procedures and agreements.
- Efficient, motivated self-starter. Performs at a high level of efficiency; completes work in a timely manner. Strives to increase productivity in others.
- Dependable and accountable.
- Balanced personality; serious approach to the job, coupled with an understanding of the importance of humor, morale and inclusiveness in the workplace.
- Superb juggler of tasks and people. Able to manage tasks, details, and people without dropping the ball; eager to roll up his/her sleeves and delve into rapidly-changing details in a growing company.
- Own equity in the company- every employee is a stakeholder in our future
- Daily breakfast and lunch along with company-wide events and outings
- On-site gym access
- Shuttle service from SF, East Bay, and South Bay
- Free parking
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
Tile has invented a simple and sleek location tracking app that can be used to track any item users don’t want to misplace. Users can place small, affordable Tiles on wallets, purses, computers, luggage, etc., allowing them to communicate within the world’s largest lost and found network. Tile is the first mass-market Internet of Things device and community, and has created a user-driven network of access points that work together to help locate missing belongings, but that have a potential impact that is far, far greater, spanning transportation, healthcare, energy, and the connected home.
Want to learn more about Tile? Visit https://www.thetileapp.com/
Jobs You May Like
Advisor – Sales (Part-Time), Westside Provisions
Warby Parker, Atlanta, GA
Refinery29, New York
Community Associate - Phoenix (Contract)
Lyft, Phoenix, AZ
IT Logistics Technician
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
O365 Messaging Architect
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Manager, Express Drive Customer Experience
Lyft, San Francisco, CA