Principal iOS Engineer
Tile, San Mateo, CA
Tile is a tiny Bluetooth tracker and easy-to-use app that helps you find everyday items
- Drive technical architecture for our iOS application supporting millions of users
- Mentor and collaborate with members of our mobile and engineering teams to create and implement new features and improve existing functionality
- Bring a test-driven approach to our mobile team
- Become an expert on Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for iOS (if you are already a BLE expert, even better!)
- Design and update the Tile app unit tests for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Work with the Product Development team to help define the testing strategy and test plans for our product releases
- Solve difficult problems on developing platforms (e.g. BLE on iOS)
- Lead design walkthroughs
- Desire to work on various platforms including Mac and Apple Watch
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years of iOS development experience, 10+ years as an engineer
- Deep knowledge of iOS SDK and frameworks
- One or more deployed consumer iOS applications under your belt, with 100,000+ users
- Experience mentoring team members and taking the lead making technical decisions
- Expert Objective-C skills, with interest/experience in Swift moving forward (if you have migrated to Swift from Objective-C, that’s a big plus!)
- Strong intuition for UX and consumer behavior
- Experience working BLE is a big plus, desire to learn is a must
- Experience working with location or connectivity at the core of an application is a big plus
- Experience working with a mix of embedded, mobile and server tech is a big plus
- Own equity in the company--every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do.
- Daily breakfast and lunch along with company-wide events and outings.
- Shuttle service from SF, Easy Bay, and South Bay.
- Free parking.
- On-site gym access.
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction.
Tile has invented a simple and sleek location tracking app that can be used to track any item users don’t want to misplace. Users can place small, affordable Tiles on wallets, purses, computers, luggage, etc., allowing them to communicate within the world’s largest lost and found network. Tile is the first mass-market Internet of Things device and community, and has created a user-driven network of access points that work together to help locate missing belongings, but that have a potential impact that is far, far greater, spanning transportation, healthcare, energy, and the connected home.
Want to learn more about Tile? Visit https://www.thetileapp.com/
Jobs You May Like
Marketing Technology Consultant
Acquia, Remote - US
Senior Software Engineer
Endurance International Group, Provo, UT
Helpdesk Support (Part-Time)
MLB Advanced Media, New York, NY
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Technical Program Manager: Security & Privacy
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Senior Data Engineer
Grindr, HQ - West Hollywood