Fall 2017 Public Relations Internship
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as more than 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Time Inc. Brand Communications seeks a motivated, eager, reliable intern interested in news, sports or style. Candidates should be passionate about journalism and public relations and ready to work in a fast-paced, engaging media environment. The position can be either full-time or part-time.
The intern will gain first-hand experience in both the editorial and publishing sides of the magazine industry as well as learn how to pitch reporters and write for press releases and media alerts. The intern will be working with the public relations teams responsible for magazine media brands such as TIME, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, TRAVEL+LEISURE, FOOD & WINE and FORTUNE. This internship offers insight into the daily operations of communications at Time Inc. while exposing interns to the PR techniques needed to successfully promote all types of media content including print, digital, social and mobile.
This is not a coffee-fetching position. Interns are an integral part of the PR team and will leave the internship with valuable and tangible experiences in the media industry, interacting with reporters and producers (internal and otherwise) on a daily basis.
- Assisting the PR team with the development of press materials, TV bookings and database management at busy weekly and monthly magazines as well as 24/7 interactive websites
- Pitching online news stories for magazine media brands to reporters at other news outlets
- Researching relevant print and digital media contacts and compiling into lists using Cision and Meltwater
- Managing props for television segments; including calling PR contacts, shopping, styling, and returning
- Online monitoring and reporting on relevant media and brand news; assembling clips into PR reports
- Social media monitoring
- Assisting at brand sponsored events
- General administrative duties, including answering phones
- Junior or senior college student who is detail-oriented, resourceful and enthusiastic with good phone manners
- Previous media experience preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and a strong understanding of social media platforms especially Twitter and Facebook
- General interest in news, business, politics, sports, fashion, luxury, lifestyle, and/or travel.
- Access to a television for required news program viewings
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Growth Manager, Retention
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Merchandiser and Deals Curator
BuzzFeed, New York
Community Manager - Indianapolis
Yelp, Indianapolis, IN
Partner Marketing Manager
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Growth Marketing Analyst
Postmates, San Francisco
Associate, Growth Strategy & Analytics
HelloFresh, New York City