Group Creative Director, Food & Wine/Cooking Light
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Group Creative Director is a senior member of the management team and will report to the Editor in Chief of Food & Wine and Cooking Light. S/he will collaborate with the EIC and Photography Director to create, define, and execute visual strategy for all content. The ideal candidate should have significant experience and proven success producing high-profile, premium content that surprises and delights sophisticated audiences—all while developing, managing, and coaching, and empowering a creative team.
- Oversee all design direction. Work closely with editors and the art department to reinforce brand mission through story design.
- Design and art direct content. Design covers and high level features; art direct photo shoots when needed.
- Facilitate communication. Help serve as a liaison between editorial, art, and the Time Inc. Food Studios.
- Ensure consistency of brand design across all sections and platforms.
- Manage a staff of approximately 6 people. Coach them, share resources, and help them find solutions when questions and challenges arise.
- Know the landscape. Monitor competitors for ideas and talent.
- Proven: This isn’t your first senior role. You have 7-10 years of art direction experience, and 4-5 years of experience managing a team.
- Detailed: You’re a big picture thinker, but that doesn’t mean you don’t zone in on the details of a project. You’re laser-focused on the components of the greater whole, leading with a deep understanding of how aesthetic details contribute to the way people process information.
- Communicative: Grace under pressure. That’s what you have. You’re indispensable to bosses and teammates for your calm, direct approach to communication – even when you’re working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment focused on quality. Balancing multiple projects isn’t scary to you – it’s the only way you know how to live.
- A Problem-Solver: You have the ability to navigate adversity and anticipate issues before they arise.
- Passionate: You’re obsessed – in a good way – with creating and telling visual stories.
- Entrepreneurial: You look for new ways of creating revenue and creative ways of making the most of a budget.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Jr Nifty Snapchat Fellow
BuzzFeed, New York
Freelance Writer, Memphis
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group
Creative Producer (Japan)
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Content Marketing Manager
Yotpo, Tel Aviv-Yafo
Trips / Airbnb Experiences: Freelance Photographer or Videographer
Airbnb, Mexico city, Rio, Havana
Model - All Sizes
ModCloth, Pittsburgh, PA