Associate Director, Content & Strategy
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multi-media landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform, The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio, and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
About the Foundry:
The Foundry is Time Inc.’s state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio. Leveraging the full power of Time Inc.’s data and storytelling expertise, the Foundry helps brands connect with passionate consumers worldwide, at scale. We are a full service organization offering content solutions across a variety of formats. Our team of content strategists, editors, writers, producers, and developers excels at producing insight-driven content of the highest quality that entertains, educates, and, most important for our brand partners, engages.
The Associate Director, Content & Strategy for The Foundry will join an agile and fast-paced cross-departmental team that conceives and manages branded content campaigns for a wide range of advertisers across the Time Inc. portfolio. Reporting to the Executive Director, Content & Strategy, the Associate Director will play a crucial role in ideating and activating compelling content that aligns with the sensibilities and advertiser objectives for all Time Inc. brands.
- Manage incoming RFPs and new business opportunities with regard to branded content proposals.
- Assist in the conception of unique, original and best-in-class branded content campaigns that align with both Time Inc.’s audience and the advertiser’s goals.
- Act as the project manager, managing the creation and deployment of post-sale activated concepts across platforms (articles, galleries, listicles, video).
- Interface with internal teams and clients for updates on campaign performance as well as new business opportunities.
- Attend client presentations representing Time Inc.’s digital portfolio of properties via a customized client focused approach
- Manage client relationships and drive the follow up for future branded content marketing programs
- Ensure that market intelligence is received, analyzed, and utilized in recommending and initiating approaches, which capitalize on market opportunities and trends
- Cultivate close relationships with the editorial staff of all Time Inc. brands
- Collaborative: You have a flexible, open approach to work. You thrive on building clear efficiencies in unstructured environments. You approach your career like a journey, taking on big challenges with zero ego – and crushing it. You’re energized by working in the start-up atmosphere of the Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio.
- Proven: Yes, you love to roll up your sleeves and work in a new, uncertain environment. That said, you’re not unfamiliar with working in or with large organizations, leading projects to completion with your strong project management skills, and liaising effectively with both internal and external counterparts. You’re driven by tight deadlines and motivated by creating custom content that contributes to a high client retention rate.
- Communicative: Peers, bosses and direct reports flock to you for your dynamism and clarity. Your crystal clear approach to communication is immediately recognized, whether you’re delivering a presentation, hosting a meeting, or sending a simple email.
- Organized: You are known for approaching every project in an organized and efficient manner. You can easily receive, manage, and distill information into output that is clear, concise, and easily digested by your internal counterparts and external clients. You live by prioritization and organization. You’re a born multitasker who loves to take on a good challenge, especially on a tight deadline. You see the big picture, but your attention to detail and creative flair make you an invaluable asset to any team.
- Creative: You look at the world through a creative lens, and are energized by brainstorming sessions with your peers. You push yourself to think outside the box and discover new and innovative ways of approaching challenges and RFP’s from our advertising partners.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Technical Writer - Contract
Mediamorph, New York
Creative Director - Video and Photography
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Freelance Writer, Houston
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group
Photography Assistant, Food & Wine/Cooking Light
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL
Content Marketing Associate
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Associate Photo Editor
Thrillist, New York, NY