Assistant Digital Editor, Travel + Leisure
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Assistant Digital Editor will focus on creating compelling eCommerce content on TravelandLeisure.com. We’re looking for a writer and editor who can drive both audience engagement and affiliate revenue. The ideal candidate will have a keen sense of identifying the best products – from shoes to suitcases – to recommend to the T+L reader.
- Pitch and write 3-4 articles per day covering an array of shoppable content, including fashion, accessories, travel gear, tech, luggage, and more.
- Manage the end-to-end creation of digital stories, including sourcing images, writing text, producing the story in a CMS, and working with the audience engagement team to package the content for distribution.
- Work with the audience engagement team to identify eCommerce stories that perform well on social and newsletters.
- Maintain evergreen stories with up-to-date product recommendations.
- Monitor affiliate revenue to measure the success of your articles.
- Work with freelancers to create both evergreen and newsy eCommerce content.
- Work with the editorial team to identify new content verticals to test.
- A strong writer with a sophisticated yet relatable voice.
- Obsessed with finding new ways to tell engaging stories that are also shoppable.
- Familiar with publishing content in a CMS.
- Able to use analytics to inform editorial strategy.
- 2-3 years experience at a digital publication.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Freelance Writer, Miami
Thrillist, Miami, FL
On-Camera News Anchor
Freelance Writer, Charleston
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Charleston
Freelance Writer, Charlotte
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Charlotte
Video Producer, BuzzFeed Blue
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Senior Editor, Travel + Leisure
Time Inc., New York, NY