Food Photographer, Time Inc. Food Studios
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Located in Birmingham, Alabama, is the Time Inc. Food Studios, a state-of-the-art facility featuring 28 test kitchens, 13 photo studios, a prop and styling studio, an outdoor grill/BBQ station and an expansive showcase kitchen and tasting room for demonstrations and events. Powered by a talented team of test kitchen professionals, stylists, and photographers, the Time Inc. Food Studios is the country’s premier creative hub, producing thousands of world class recipes, images and related content annually for Time Inc.’s print, cookbook, digital and social platforms.
The Food Photographer will collaborate with a variety of editors and producers across multiple brands to create everything from one-page columns to 12-page features to numerous covers throughout the year, as well as creative for our cookbooks, digital editions and social platforms. This is a rare opportunity to help shape the image of multiple iconic brands, bring recipes to life from the most trusted kitchens anywhere, and whet the appetites of millions readers everywhere.
- Shoot tabletop set-ups and work with food and prop stylists to create beautiful, delicious food images
- Shoot in both natural and studio light
- Consistently meet deadlines and production metrics to ensure shoots and editing are completed in a timely manner, and the timely delivery of work back to brand clients
- Produce well-lit, well-composed, visually compelling photographs, in conformity with the brand aesthetics
- Work with brand creative teams to ensure client satisfaction with images
- Deliver images in adherence to Time Inc standards for metadata
- Experienced: You have at least 5 years’ experience shooting for food-oriented publications or advertising. You’re well-versed in all aspects of digital photography on various camera systems.
- Proven: Your portfolio shows a mastery of both natural and artificial light on set and in studio and conveys your extensive knowledge of Photoshop, Lightroom, Photo Mechanic and Capture One. You can demonstrate great flexibility in aesthetics and in working with diverse styling teams to support multiple brands.
- Enthusiastic: A creative thinker and a team player. That’s how you’re described by your colleagues. Your organization and ability to communicate clearly with editorial staff, team members, advertising clients and vendors make you an essential member of any workforce.
- Inspired: You’re deeply curious; you have a knack for highlighting emerging trends for an audience. You approach tasks with a fresh, unique perspective that helps promote the brands you work with.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Real Weddings Editor
XO Group, New York
Cheddar, New York
BuzzFeed, New York
Assistant Manager | VIP Relations
The Marketing Arm, Los Angeles
Bonobos, New York, NY
Group Nine Media, Group Nine Media - Los Angeles, CA