Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Time Inc’s Marketing Information Department (MID) is responsible for building and supporting applications that enable Time Inc’s business units to unlock the value of customer data through data analysis, customer relationship management, and marketing campaign management. We are looking for a Java Software Engineer to assist in building our customer preference center application and interfaces. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing a full stack solution that best meets the business requirements. You will be responsible for applying best practices in software development, supporting and troubleshooting existing code, and learning new technologies that can be used to meet business requirements.
You want to work on projects where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative thinking and a deep understanding of the problem space. You are comfortable switching between strategic and tactical initiatives and can take a project from inception through to implementation. You have a desire to constantly learn new technology and improve yourself. You want to work in a small close knit team that continuously supports each other.
- Participate in project / code reviews
- Ensure that ETL architecture, structures, and processes are designed to meet business requirements
- Participate in unit testing / integration testing / releases / troubleshooting
- Support administrative user interface that will allow business users to configure questions and answers to capture customer preferences.
- Develop RESTful Web Services for integration with customer service portal, marketing automation engine, and ecommerce platform.
- Ability to communicate with business and technical team members verbally and in writing
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Java 1.5 (1.8 is a plus)
- Minimum 1 year experience in Web development (JEE)
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience working in a Linux server environment
- Experience with Gradle
- Experience in Junit – Unit Testing is a plus
- Knowledge of Design Patterns is a plus
- Knowledge of graph database is a plus
- Knowledge of AWS services is a plus
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services is a plus
- Experience in IntelliJ IDEA is a plus
- Collaborative: You have a flexible, open approach to work. You thrive building clear efficiencies in unstructured environments. You approach your career like a journey, taking on big challenges with zero ego – and crushing it. You’re energized by working in the start-up atmosphere of the new Time Inc. International, a dynamic new digitally-led company-within-a-company.
- Proven: Yes, you love to roll up your sleeves and work in a new, uncertain environment. That said, you’re not unfamiliar with working in or with large organizations, leading projects to completion with your strong analytics and financial modeling skills. You have an MBA from a top business school, a familiarity and deep enthusiasm for the media industry and an English and Chinese-language fluency.
- Communicative: Peers, bosses and direct reports flock to you for your dynamism and clarity. Your crystal clear approach to communication is immediately recognized, whether you’re delivering a presentation to shape the strategic direction of an investment, hosting a meeting or sending a simple email.
- Quality: Description
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Site Reliability Engineer (London)
Yelp, London, UK
Senior Software Engineer
Inxeption, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Technical Program Manager, Security & Tooling Automation
Box, Redwood City, CA
Full Stack Engineer, Member Operations Team
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Slack, New York