Marketing Tech Data Analyst
Time Inc., Tampa, FL
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Time Inc’s Marketing Information Department (MID) is responsible for building and supporting applications that enable Time Inc’s business units to unlock the value of customer data through data analysis, customer relationship management, and marketing campaign management. This position will be responsible for supporting the data needs related to Time Inc's implementation of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly Exact Target), as well as other marketing technologies used to acquire, retain, and upsell customers.
As a Marketing Technology Data Analyst, you will work closely with internal customers in consumer marketing, audience development, and technology to understand the data needed to support marketing campaigns and design the processes to extract, transform, and load data into the Salesforce Marketing Cloud and other marketing platforms.
You want to work on projects where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative thinking and a deep understanding of the problem space. You are comfortable switching between strategic and tactical initiatives and can take a project from inception through to implementation. You are as proficient with SQL, SAS, Python, and other programing languages used to analyze and transform data.
- Work with business partners to design solutions that enable marketing campaigns to target the appropriate customers at the appropriate time
- Design and manage the data flows into and out of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Research questions related to marketing campaign data and customer promotion history
- Work closely with report development team to design and develop marketing campaign ROI reports
- Communicate project goals, risks, and progress to key stakeholders and team members consistently and transparently
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation
- 1-2 years’ experience writing SQL, SAS, Python, and other data processing code
- Experience working with large datasets used in the execution of email and/or direct mail campaigns
- Prior experience with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly Exact Target) or a similar campaign management tool a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills within a rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of subscription marketing a plus
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Adaptive Streaming
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
BounceX, New York
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Venmo, San Francisco
Everwise, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer, Routing
Lyft, Seattle, WA