Fall 2017 Public Relations Internship - Sports
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as more than 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Time Inc. Brand Communications seeks a motivated, eager, reliable and thoughtful intern interested in sports, video, mixed reality (VR+AR) and the digital media business. Candidates should be passionate about journalism and public relations and ready to work in a fast-paced, engaging media environment. The position can be either full-time or part-time.
The intern will gain first-hand experience in the communications, editorial, brand strategy, events and publishing sides of the media industry, learning how to pitch reporters, write press releases, track brand awareness and more. The intern will be working with the brand communications team focusing on the Sports Illustrated Group (SI, SI Swimsuit, GOLF, FanSided, SI PLAY) as well as Time Inc.’s advanced storytelling platform, LIFE VR, Time Inc. video and more. This internship offers insight into the daily operations of communications at Time Inc. while exposing interns to the PR techniques needed to successfully promote all types of media content including digital, video, social and print. Interns are paid on an hourly basis.
This is not a coffee-fetching position. Interns are an integral part of the PR team and will leave the internship with valuable and tangible experiences in the media industry, interacting with reporters and producers (internal and otherwise) on a daily basis and contributing meaningful ideas to the team.
- Assisting the PR team with the development of press materials and plans, managing interview requests, broadcast bookings and database management for 24/7 editorial brands
- Writing press releases and pitching news stories to reporters
- Researching relevant media contacts and compiling into spreadsheets using Cision and Meltwater
- Online monitoring and reporting on relevant media and brand news; assembling clips into PR reports
- Social media monitoring
- Assisting at brand sponsored events
- General administrative duties, including answering phones
- Junior or senior college student who is detail-oriented, resourceful and enthusiastic with strong interpersonal skills
- Previous media and/or sports experience preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and a strong understanding of social media platforms and the digital media space
- Interest in sports and video
- Self-motivated and independent thinker who is eager to learn
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Community Ambassador - Fayetteville/Bentonville
Yelp, Fayetteville, AR
Digital Marketing Executive
Time Inc., Farnborough
Senior Paid Acquisition Manager
Manager, Social Media - Latin America
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Market Manager - San Antonio
Lyft, San Antonio, TX
Consumer Insights Data Analyst, Marketing
Grindr, HQ - West Hollywood