Associate Audience Engagement Editor, Fortune.com
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
FORTUNE, which boasts massive franchises like the FORTUNE 500, Most Powerful Women and World’s Greatest Leaders, is seeking an Audience Engagement Editor to help oversee its social media presence, SEO strategy, newsletter production and audience growth. The Editor will collaborate with writers and editors on everything from daily news to lists. Daily responsibilities will include packaging posts for social channels, using data analytics to develop new strategies and engaging the newsroom in best audience strategy practices. We expect candidates to be able to lead conversations around audience strategy and digital growth.
The ideal candidate will have a journalism background and at least one year of professional experience in online journalism, preferably with branded social media accounts. S/he should be aware of digital media trends, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, comfortable working collaboratively and eager to learn.
- Manage and post to FORTUNE's social media accounts
- Assist news editors in assigning stories and writing headlines for FORTUNE's audience on social media
- Follow breaking news and collaborate with news editors to promote stories
- Develop FORTUNE's voice and posting strategy based on short- and long-term data analysis and editorial goals
- Train writers and editors on social media and SEO best practices
- Grow FORTUNE's newsletter audience through editorial best practices and subscriber campaigns
- Work with FORTUNE's art and photo departments to choose imagery that drives interest
- Identify emerging trends, networks and ideas in the social media world
- Proven: Able to demonstrate strong news judgement; experience in growing a digital audience
- Flexible: Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experienced: Understanding of social media and SEO best practices. Familiar with optimizing newsletters and growing subscriptions
- Creative: A master of writing catchy copy with meticulous attention to detail. Able to find new and interesting stories
- Technical: Proficient with content management systems, Parse.ly and or Chartbeat, and experience working with Google Analytics, HTML and Photoshop
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Audio Engineer - Daily News Explainer Podcast, Vox
Vox Media, Washington, DC
Shipping and Receiving Team Members
Sun Basket, San Jose, California
Field Media Officer
GOAL Syria, GOAL Syria Harem / Darkosh
Coordinator, Physical Production Unscripted & Talk Shows
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Food Production Team Member
Sun Basket, Valmeyer, Illinois
Event Marketing Manager
Foursquare, New York or San Francisco