Software Development Engineer - (JR0006125)
Time Inc., Bengaluru, India
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 230 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
You are responsible for the design and implementation of software that would enable Business Development & Partnerships to rapidly develop and deploy new Time Inc products and services.
We are looking for a highly skilled software engineer who has a proven track record and takes pride in bringing high-quality software product quickly to market, enjoys learning and applying new technologies, and thrives in a dynamic engineering-oriented work environment
- Work closely with engineers developing web experiences for high-visibility, fast-moving initiatives
- Implement new services, APIs, and operational monitoring functions
- Own production services, investigate and resolve issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies.
- Provide thorough and readable documentation for all services
- Participate in technical mentorship with engineers on the team by performing thorough code reviews, pairing, and ad hoc reviews of proposed solutions
- Work with other teams across the company to share and establish best practices.
- Are passionate about code quality and lead by example to produce high quality, complex services and applications under tight timelines
- Are passionate about test driven development and extensive test coverage
Successful applicants must have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years building applications deployed on AWS and the process to manage large data sets
- Demonstrated deep understanding of REST, service architecture, monitoring, and the tenants of horizontal scalability
- Experience developing complex and highly available services running in a production environment
- Extensive knowledge of object oriented and functional software design patterns
- Proven experience developing and owning production services and applications deployed in
- AWS leveraging continuous integration and codified infrastructure
- Extensive experience using Java, Tomcat, and Docker containers
- Knowledge of testing frameworks
- Knowledge of SQL
- Ability to translate user stories into technical tasks
- Ability to estimate effort effectively
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Service Engineering
Slack, Dublin, Ireland
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Senior Technical Project Manager (Contract)
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Patreon, San Francisco
Senior Data Engineer
Grindr, HQ - West Hollywood
Senior Software Engineer, Open Connect Edge Accelerator
Netflix, Los Gatos, California